XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the spirit of modesty I can't really claim to be King of tightass, but I'm certainly in the royal family. My latest immaterial issue to obsess about is the hammer ding that's appeared on my lower. I didn't know how the thing worked, and found out the hard way that the only thing stopping that hammer at the end of it's throw is aluminum. For those who come after me: when you takedown the XCR, cock it and put it on safe. Then, when you separate the upper from the lower, the hammer won't bang down. Don't dry fire the gun without obtaining the services of a small child whose hand can fit between the hammer and your precious lower. Give him some candy or something when it's all over.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mine is like that two but I think most of it came from normal firing since I have not dry fired it and I do not move the hammer when I clean it unless I am putting tension on it when I pull the trigger

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Dang,that looks worse than mine.I've only let that happen a few times when the towel I had in there moved.How many times have you let it hit full force?It probably won't hurt anything other than making it look a little unsightly,but I wouldn't recommend doing it relentlessly either,after all you are striking aluminum with steel.
On a side note when I take the upper off the lower,I've found it easier not to swing the upper open first,but just cock the hammer,drop the mag and push the takedown pin out and pull them apart.It seems when I try to push out the pin when they are hinged open,it's harder to push the pin out,I guess because the pin is binding more.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's comforting to know I'm not the Lone Ranger, anyhow. I've snapped it maybe a dozen times, no more. From what tacweapon has to say, it might occur in normal operation regardless of what we do.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I have only let it happen once or twice and it looks worse then charliea's

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I agree with Terra..... you DO have TWO hands. Remove the other hand from your crotch (or leave the safe on - better) and catch the hammer as it falls. Didn't your mother ever tell you may go blind doing that??? :duh:.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This thread serves multiple purposes. First, I want lots of sympathy. Second, misery loving company, it's comforting to hear from others suffering through the same pangs of hammer-driven remorse for dropping the damn thing on the aluminum in the first place. Third, it's apparent that many of us have no idea what's gonna happen when we drop that hammer with no bolt there to stop it. It's not covered in the manual. This is a chance to get the word out. Somehow, though, I really believe it's stretching things to connect it with masturbation. At least without including lubrication instructions.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Yea the masturbatory reference might be stretching it a bit.I haven't let my hammer hit that many times,but mine does not look that bad.I don't see how it could possibly hit the frame when the bolt is in place,but I could be wrong.Personally I stopped dry firing and took the damn thing apart and polished the trigger/sear engagement because I didn't feel like taking all that time messin' around with dry firing that much.I tried it about a hundred times and could tell no difference,so I said the hell with it and did it the easy way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts