XCR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problems with these magazines? Any reports similar to the Magpul failures?

Crashy

·
Registered
153 Posts
I bought several L5s this summer. So far they have held up pretty well. No major problems yet. I even put them through a carbine course where they were abused. In fact a guy in my class had to borrow a few after two of his three pmag broke. He seemed to really like them.

I just thought that it was funny that Lancer include a warning to keep them away from bug repellent.I guess that it could cause them to melt or something.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I've seen pictures of Lancers damaged by DEET. Looks like it makes them cloudy. Other than that, not sure how bad it'd get. I use citronella so no problem there.

I've got five I've been playing around with for a few months. Not much through them, but I do like them. Heck, the fact that they're still available right now is a big plus. I'll buy more.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Lancers are good mags. They were developed by Diemaco/Colt Canada and well tested prior to civilian sells. The military connection is why they are close to true STANAG spec and fit in guns the PMAG wont.

They are sleepers, so they are easy to find as well. Buy em cheap and stack em deep before the word gets out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I had some pmags on backorder but I decided to cancel it after seeing those pictures posted here of the cracked ones. At the same time I ordered those pmags, I ordered 2 lancer L5s since they are very available. I just now ordered 2 more for the same reason from midway. The polymer appears to be the same as the type used for PS90 mags. Of course I cant really test them out until my XCR arrives one day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts