XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
They've worked well enough for me. They'll get you on paper pretty fast. I also use it as a way to check my zero if I move stuff around; i.e. if it was "there" before it should be "there" now.

·
Registered
568 Posts
They've worked well enough for me. They'll get you on paper pretty fast. I also use it as a way to check my zero if I move stuff around; i.e. if it was "there" before it should be "there" now.
Same here.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input.

They are getting good reviews on Sportsman's Guide, but I have never seen a bad review from them before. I'll give them a try. My goal is not precision, just be within 8" or so of POA at 100 yards.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Thanks for the input.

They are getting good reviews on Sportsman's Guide, but I have never seen a bad review from them before. I'll give them a try. My goal is not precision, just be within 8" or so of POA at 100 yards.
Is it $39 per caliber? If so, I'd suggest a universal laser bore sighter that you can use in all your rifles.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Is it per caliber? If so, I'd suggest a universal laser bore sighter that you can use in all your rifles.
+1,if you have multiple caliber it's definitely more cost effective.Just don't buy a cheesy one the better the fit of the arbor in the barrel the closer you'll be on.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Has anyone used one of these for siting in there XCR??? Maybe not the one that Cartmann linked but any of them...

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is a good brand of universal boresight to buy?
+1 to that. What is a good brand?

I just want zero at home at 10 yards first. Where windage is dead on, and elevation is 2" too low. Just to get me on paper so adjustments will be easier.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I basically meant stick with a descent brand.Let me do some looking around and I'll get back to you.I don't use them myself,but I have used them in the past.I typically shoot from the bench at 25 yards first and work my way out from there,it's usually always on the paper at 25,but I use a 2'x4' piece of plywood to hang target' on,so It's never off of that.I don't care for the grid type boresighting devices,but that's just me maybe.the laser boresighters are more reliably consistant,after all the principles are sound.If the laser is looking out of the bore concentrically it should therefore give a perfect(or near) line of sight to the target.If you use this this type of device to zero/boresight at 100 yards or beyond,this would be zeroing at the second point the bullet crosses your line of sight...or on the down slope of the bullet path or trajectory.If you can use a gunvise to hold the rifle while your boresighting,and use a crosshair leveling device to keep your crosshairs completely vertical to the axis of the bore when mounting the scope,your going to get very close to your intended impact point when you actually shoot the weapon.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know a guy who is missing a good portion of his index finger because he accidently put a .308 into a .25-06 rifle. Lets just say he very carefully checks the caliber of every round he put into a weapon now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
They work great. My barn is about 100 yds away from the back door of the house. After dark it works great for laser boresighting. If I put iron sights or glass dead on at that range the rifles hit the 10" gong at 100 yards and just need some minor adjusting for proper zero.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts