XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they still have to release the M rifle and we don't want jump the gun, but once they do release it I hope they look at the .338 Federal round. It is supposed to be the same cartridge as the .308, I think they just neck it up to accept the bigger bullet and use a special powder to get better performance. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to develop that once the .308 is good to go.

Then you can hunt Moose, Elk, Bear or anything in North America. So then all the rifles I will ever need are my XCR light and medium and I can do anything.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I suggested this already in the thread before this as the 338 federal and the 7mm-08 would be great caliber additions to the XCR-M. Having both the XCR-L and XCR-M would serve any and every need you can have if you ask me.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
How about a 260.Remington or 243.win? Personally I like the 7mm-08 over all of them,but the 260 has awesome ballistic co- efficiency.It's a shame it's probably eventually going to flop commercially.It's a very solid performer,and would actually be better for tactical/sniping use than the 7.62x51.All of these should be easy to do,just a simple barrel swap.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Assuming you retain the bolt, anything in the 308 case class simply needs a new barrel and nothing else. Adjustable gas lets you play with the pressure.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
If it's based on the .308 case it is do'able. I like the idea of the .260 though. :duh:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ya .260 would be sweet at well as 7mm-08 and 243 win and 338 federal

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I agree. .260 would offer some very nice potential, especially with a barrel from 18-22" in length.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I have never understood why the 260./6.5 caliber in it's various forms has never really caught on with the American shooter.I know there are those that are diehard fans,but in general none have really ever became as popular as the 30./7.62 caliber or 284./7mm cartridges have.I'm sure those of us that appreciate the 260./6.5 know the benefits of it's ballistic coefficient and it's almost perfect balance.The 6.5 Creedmore shows great potential as well,I just hope it fares well against more popular chamberings.I guess allot of other great cartridges have fell into obsolescence too.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I know lots of people who have 6.5x55 rifles. They like them alot. Does anyone know if a 6.5x55 round will work in a 7.62x51 magazine.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
6.5x55 has significantly longer OAL than 7.62x51 in standard loadings. Other factors that almost certainly rule out 6.5 Swede as an XCR-M option are its bigger rim diameter and greater case taper.
All true.Another question is why?...I mean the .260 is better in every way for this application.Not taking anything away from the 6.5x55 as it is a sweet old girl,it's just not logistically prudent.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts