XCR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just had a thought. We all know that it is illegal to make threats against the President of the United State or any of the presidential successors (although isn't that only if written and delivered by post?). And we also know, if anyone has been reading my rants for the past few months anyway, that court after court has denied hearings from cause after cause regarding Obama's citizenship. Either because they don't want to deal with it, don't care, or think the people have no standing.

So heres my question. Say some one threatend the president and was then arrested. Say this person then pleaded not guilty and was granted a trial, at which point they where basing there defense off Obama being ineligible to be president and therefore the threat not being against the president at all. Would they be able to subpoena Obama's birth certificate, passports and college records???

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I would say no since the case deals with whether or not you made threats on the president's life. By all accounts and means, he is the legal president as elected. If you think his credentials are false, that is another case for another day.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK so better question maybe, would there be any such criminal case where one might be able to have the court subpoena those records for a defense?

·
Registered
549 Posts
The government can withold alot of information. Anything that is calssified, secret, or even sensitive can be withheld from being released - ESPECIALLY for a simple defense attorney.

Unless you get into the supreme court, they can hold that stuff forever...and even then it would be hard.

G

·
in a theoretical court you might have an arguement stating that he is not the defracto president as he is not qualified.

what has ACTUALLY happened in all the cases where these arguments come up is that they use process and stalling to cloud the issue until the judge eventually ignores it or dismisses it as a cause of action.

end result.... you lose.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
It would depend on what you were charged with.

One of your defence points should be that, as he is ineligible to be president, the case against you should be thrown out as by being ineligible the protections of office don't apply. You would then subpoena the necessary records to prove ineligibility. Note that for an election, an official has to state a candidates validity. In your case you would require the jury to make that determination and as such request the documents.

It would be a longshot but the legal essence is sound.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
You can't wait 4 or 8 years?

You may be in jail for longer than Obamas two terms.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

If he doesn't qualify then I can't wait another day. Unfortunately it seems more and more likely he will be there for some time. Hell if he is there all 4 years I'll STILL want to see that birth certificate. I want him to see the inside of a criminal court room, and then if it turns out he did commit fraud the inside of a cell, or a box.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

If he doesn't qualify then I can't wait another day. Unfortunately it seems more and more likely he will be there for some time. Hell if he is there all 4 years I'll STILL want to see that birth certificate. I want him to see the inside of a criminal court room, and then if it turns out he did commit fraud the inside of a cell, or a box.
Even impeached presidents live the good life with all of the protections. No matter what technicalities you pull on him now it won't matter in the big scheme of things.

My advice is to worry about how you will provide for yourself and your family when the inevitable comes because no matter who is president I don't think our money system is going to be sustainable for very long. Even if Ron Paul or [insert your favorite presidential candidate here] were to be elected, all he/she could do is delay things. You can't fix our mess, especially because most people don't want it fixed. Fixing this country would require people to take responsibility for themselves and stop relying on handouts, not going to happen anytime soon. Once people learn to spend from the public coffers you can forget about taking it away from them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts