XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been monitoring that SBR thread and it seems to be a stirring thread.  So I thought I'd start this one to take the edge off.  Here is a couple of goodies I have in my hands right now.  Harris will be running articles on them in coming issues.  I have to do the pics as you all know but I thought I'd throw some snapshots of them up.

50 GI Glock

9mm, .45, 50GI

7" Adams Arms piston upper.

I haven't shot them yet but will next week when I get to the range.  Was supposed to be tonight but a snow storm has changed my plans.

Enjoy :)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
The Adams Arms piston stetup is really nice, even if the company is staffed by assholes.

Do I see a Ranier hollowpoint in the top picture?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I'd like to apologize if anyone took offense to anything I said in that SBR thread. I certainly did not mean to set anyone on edge. I simply tried to share experiences I had and things I'd seen, and took a defensive stance when it seemed like my integrity had been called out.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
50 GI looks cool. I have been trying to just stick to 6 calibers, 22LR, .308 win, .223 rem, 7.62x39, 40 S&W, and 45 ACP.

But now I am thinking 50 GI and 338 Lapua might have to be added to the family, need members with bigger punch.

·
Registered
702 Posts
45ACP for me is getting "ho hum" for CCW and a S&W500 is "over the top". The 50GI just might be the ticket.

Dog :handgunsfiring:

·
Registered
144 Posts
50GI for CCW! :eek: I guess if I didn't want to exceed the weight of my G-23 w/165gr that would mean 7.7 rounds of 300gr 50GI. That wouldn't be bad! :bazooka:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
50GI for CCW! :eek: I guess if I didn't want to exceed the weight of my G-23 w/165gr that would mean 7.7 rounds of 300gr 50GI. That wouldn't be bad! :bazooka:
No it wouldn't be bad at all considering, with the .50GI you wouldn't actually need to hit the bad guy just get close because the noise alone and the shock wave coming out of the barrel will scare him to death. Then you could just say he had a heart attack and not have to prove that he was a threat since you didn't actually "shoot". >:D

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
No it wouldn't be bad at all considering, with the .50GI you wouldn't actually need to hit the bad guy just get close because the noise alone and the shock wave coming out of the barrel will scare him to death. Then you could just say he had a heart attack and not have to prove that he was a threat since you didn't actually "shoot". >:D
Nah, I want a pistol round so exotic and expensive that it just sucks the money out of his wallet as it goes by. Thus leaving him too broke to be able to afford to shoot back. ;-)

Maybe a tungsten shell filled with liquid hydrogen that has to be assembled in microgravity on the international space station and delivered back to earth hand carried by an astronaut on the shuttle. Yeah, that's what i'll shoot out of my pocket railgun.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
The extraction flange on the 50GI is unique. A lot of taper to it. I don't know if the "don't reload for Glocks" mantra would pass over to this cartridge as well but I wonder how weak it makes that case, or I should say, does it make the case more prone to failure after repeated firing?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm glad this took the edge off a bit. I could feel the tension earlier.
I can't give too much info as I don't want to steal the thunder of my writer but let's just say 11 rounds in Glock, 300 gr. @ 730 fps, and all the same functionality of your Glock. It's very well made. Steel targets hate this round. Bout like shooting a Desert Eagle but still very controllable so I'm told. I haven't shot it yet... I'm scared.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By the way Springfield just sent in a XD-M 9mm. I know it's just 9mm but 19+1 capacity... can you say suppressive fire?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Sounds like you have your hands full for the next little while.

·
Registered
923 Posts
By the way Springfield just sent in a XD-M 9mm. I know it's just 9mm but 19+1 capacity... can you say suppressive fire?
Must be nice being able to try all of those great weapons

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have an old G21 laying about not doing anything. A .50GI conversion is interesting.

Oh, and not reloading for Glocks is a pure intarwebz BS. Mine has about 8k through it and it was about 98% reloads--lead reloads. Just have to keep the thing clean and keep after cartridge dimensions. The Glock can fire out of battery after all...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts