XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You wont be able to get these at your local gun dealer most likely. You'll need to go to http://www.kriss-tdi.com/kriss-store/accessories.html

KRISS Super V MWI Fiip-up Sight System - Set.

Really, Alex should probably call MI and get these sights for the XCR with the Robinson Logo right now. Like immediately.

As a comparison, here is the height of regular MI sights that normally ship with the XCR. Huge difference

KSV DC/HM Flip-up Sight System. Like the HK MP7 sights, these double as pistol sights when folded down. Odds are I will get these for the XCR PDW upper

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
GREAT hunting there VB!

Now I've got a couple of questions...... if you've got the time.
Any idea if they'd be coincident with the LaRue LT-152 (the RAS II Aimpoint mount)?

And is it straight-forward to drop tritium in the front sight?

I'm gonna go check out the website. From your pics, I'm betting I make a call or two today.
Thanks!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oh, very nice. I'm definitely saving that page for when I get my XCR. :)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Is it me or does that 2nd set look like the new Magpul BUIS with the added feature of being pistol type sights when down? Those are supposed to be around $100 a pair, not $350.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
You guys have to much money is all I can say. :D

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
FWIW, I called TDI about the KRISS sights. No luck talking to anyone.

So I called Midwest Industries (I like those guys, I use their stuff). Got the info quick-quick.

The front sight is about 0.6” shorter than the “standard” front sight. From the deck to the tip of the front sight blade is about 1.3 inches. Should be IDEAL to run in front of a LaRue RAS II mount. He said I could pull the front blade and throw a Trijicon in there just like the standard front sights, but I’d have to grind off a small amount of the threaded part ‘cause the hole for the front sight wasn’t deep enough to accommodate the entire thing. Again, no problem.

So what’s the problem?

The rear sight.

It seems that the rear sight is the standard height AR sight. HUH?!?!
Due to the trajectory of the 45ACP round, KRISS needed a shorter front sight to match the ballistics of the standard height rear sight.

In other words, I’ve got an IDEAL front sight, with no rear sight to line up with it. What’s more, the guy at MI said the odds were against ever coming out with a shorty rear sight…. Not enough room to put everything in (like locking detents, windage knobs, etc) if it was lowered closer to the rail.

So VB, I really appreciate the effort! But until someone comes out with a rear sight compatible with the front sight, I’m gonna have to stay “optics only”.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Argh, that sucks! :mad:

Thanks for the legwork (Phonework?), Bravo.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Outstanding follow-up Bravo.

Now I wonder if HK 416 folding rear BUIS will work with that short MI front sight.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Great question!

I'll make a deal (GRIN)

If someone will send me an HK416 folding rear sight, I'll order the shorter KRISS front sight.
Results, whatever they might be, will get posted.

Heck, I'll even return the HK416 rear sight - if I have to ;D

·
Registered
58 Posts
i'm confused here.

on MI's sight they offer 2 different height folding front sights:

which one does the XCR ship with? (i got mine without sights.) the reason I ask is because those KRISS sights look the same as the MI's (with the lower MI front sight).

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The XCR comes with the shorter one because the tall one is for an AR gas block mounting position,and the shorty for a "same plane" rail.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Except the KRISS front sight is lower than the rail (shorter in the picture) sight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know I may be resurrecting an ancient thread... but I'd like to know how the story ends.. I just picked up a set of KRISS MI buis. Trying to find a match for the low-profile front sight as well... any recommendations?

Edit:
So I sighted in the MI sights taken off of a Kriss vector, on my XCR. Worked fine... Someone said the front sight was 6" shorter? It's more like a tiny fraction of an inch,...

Here it is side-by-side with a standard MI front sight...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts