XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking around the forum for several years since picking up my XCR-L back in 2016, for some reason never joined as a member, so I rectified that today. Wanted to drop in and say hello to everybody and introduce my little friend.

Wood Vehicle Urban design Landscape Tints and shades

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool. Is that 5.56 heavy barrel on the gun?
It is 5.56, but honestly not sure if it's a heavy barrel. I bought this one second hand (very few rounds through it at the time) and can't remember what the specs said. I mean...it definitely has weight to it, but haven't had another barrel or rifle to compare with. Is there a way to tell?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
It is 5.56, but honestly not sure if it's a heavy barrel. I bought this one second hand (very few rounds through it at the time) and can't remember what the specs said. I mean...it definitely has weight to it, but haven't had another barrel or rifle to compare with. Is there a way to tell?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
It's a heavy. Looks longer than 16" too, but may just be the angle of the pic. Is it and 18.6"?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's a heavy. Looks longer than 16" too, but may just be the angle of the pic. Is it and 18.6"?
How can you tell it's a heavy? I'm guessing there's some way I'm missing. You are correct on the longer barrel length. I've been meaning to get it chopped down and have my BE Meyers 249F pin and welded.

·
Registered
834 Posts
How can you tell it's a heavy? I'm guessing there's some way I'm missing. You are correct on the longer barrel length. I've been meaning to get it chopped down and have my BE Meyers 249F pin and welded.
I believe it's a heavy barrel from the pictures, I've got a light barrel and heavy barrel, looks too thick to be a light.

·
Registered
22,639 Posts
I believe it's a heavy barrel from the pictures, I've got a light barrel and heavy barrel, looks too thick to be a light.
^This. It looks too thick to be a light. You could mic it or put a tailor's tape around it for circumference and I could tell you for sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts