XCR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANYONE INTERESTED IN TRADING A 5.56 HEAVY BARREL STRIPPED DOWN FOR A 5.56 16" LIGHT BARREL. BARREL IS IN EXCELLENT SHAPE LESS THAN 200 ROUNDS THRU IT SINCE NEW. I WILL TAKE EITHER A 16" OR A 18.5" OR WHAT LENGTH DO YOU HAVE???????? I ALREADY HAVE TWO LIGHT BARRELS AND I WANT TO TRY A HEAVY.......................THANKS GUYS ;D

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have a 16" heavy bbl., 1/9 twist, 5.56 cal, VGC. Thinking about either changing to a light bbl or having this one fluted.
I bought this XCR used, over a year ago. Only 3 mags through it since (less than 100 rnds),I really only take my SBR to the range. I don't know the total rnd count, but visual inspection inside & out, this thing is new.
BOTTOM
CHAMBER

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
barrels that have old gas systems have a larger port hole than barrels with the current gas system. You will want to make sure that you get parts that are compatible.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is becoming a learning experience.
My XCR (with Hbar) came with the old gas system. I bought a new gas system to upgrade a while back. I installed the gas block and changed out the thing on the end of the gas op-rod. BUT I never fired it.

So I need to restore it back to original? If I swap bbls, they need to be the same GS?

Then I should buy "new style" barrel if I want to use this new-style gas system. That would work out OK, my SBR paperwork should be back anyday on the XCR. It's been months.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I don't think you need a new style barrel for the new valve. I am running a new style valve on an old barrel with no issues. When I ordered the new valves i remember Terra saying they had valves made special for people upgrading from the old valve, something about an insert to make the holes the same. if anything you can always run it on a lower gas setting, i would think that would work.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
the upgrade blocks are modified new style blocks, designed to work on the old style barrels. If you have a new gas system on your rifle and buy a barrel with an old style block, the old block will need the upgrade block to work. That, or you change out the piston on the op rod every time you switch out barrels.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Thanks for the clarification Terra, I sure don't want to confuse anyone.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Too late, I'm confused (that's easy). The hole in my bbl is about 3/32 and the hole in my (new-style) gas block is half that 1/16. If I can find my original old-style gas block I'll compare the two GB's.

EDIT: I found my original (old-style) GB, The hole in that one is huge, about 9/64

BTW:XCR/XD45: Sorry i've hijacked your post. I'm still interested in a trade if I can figure out what I have and can use. If you've already done a deal that's cool.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HI
NO I HAVE NOT TRADED ANYONE YET....... I HAVE THE OLD STYLE GAS BLOCK WITH MY BARREL AND A NEW STYLE PLUGGED THAT TERRA SENT ME AT MY REQUEST AWHILE BACK..... LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HI
AS OF TODAY IT HAS NOT ARRIVED ??? ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts