XCR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often I check this site and gunbroker looking for a low serial number XCR with the original stock. I was eyeing this XCR-L with a flutted barrel, serial #4795 (ROBINSON ARMAMENT XCR-L 5.56 W/FLUTED BBL - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 920437899). It went for $2,000! I mean for $195 and a little waiting, you'd get a brand new rifle. I have no idea why prices are still so high for these rifles.

Does anyone know where to find to score an original XCR stock?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I was watching that one. I couldn't sell up to date XCRs for that price pre covid.

Watch here, GB, ARF etc for used ones.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Honestly, I think it’s fudd boomers and first time buyers that are keeping prices high.

I don’t know a single gen x’er or millennial who’s willing to pay these prices right now. At least on rifles. Ammo is a little different. And I guess some of the Gucci crap that millennials love will go for high prices.

My parents (early ‘50s boomers) have a few older friends that have recently tried to liquidate their collections. I’m talking hundreds of guns in these collections. But it’s all junk and they think it’s gold. This one couple in particular had something like 400+ firearms they were trying to sell, so my Dad and I went over to see what they had to offer. It was mostly crap fudd ARs (zombie theme junk) those Remington/Mossberg pump shock wave guns, and a bunch of Tarus/kel tec/off brand pistols. The funny part is the guy was not negotiating on price and was asking over street price for stuff. I googled a few while I was there to prove to him I could get them cheaper and his response was “but you’ll pay taxes on those and be on a government list”. Then he told my Dad if he wanted to remain friends I needed to leave, which we did.

My point, a lot of Fudds are just out of touch with reality and current market conditions.

They ended up selling just about everything though, mostly to other retirees in the area they live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,799 Posts
Honestly, I think it’s fudd boomers and first time buyers that are keeping prices high.

I don’t know a single gen x’er or millennial who’s willing to pay these prices right now. At least on rifles. Ammo is a little different. And I guess some of the Gucci crap that millennials love will go for high prices.

My parents (early ‘50s boomers) have a few older friends that have recently tried to liquidate their collections. I’m talking hundreds of guns in these collections. But it’s all junk and they think it’s gold. This one couple in particular had something like 400+ firearms they were trying to sell, so my Dad and I went over to see what they had to offer. It was mostly crap fudd ARs (zombie theme junk) those Remington/Mossberg pump shock wave guns, and a bunch of Tarus/kel tec/off brand pistols. The funny part is the guy was not negotiating on price and was asking over street price for stuff. I googled a few while I was there to prove to him I could get them cheaper and his response was “but you’ll pay taxes on those and be on a government list”. Then he told my Dad if he wanted to remain friends I needed to leave, which we did.

My point, a lot of Fudds are just out of touch with reality and current market conditions.

They ended up selling just about everything though, mostly to other retirees in the area they live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Meh, I'm gen X and I'm paying what are pretty normal prices for new XCRs (especially with 25% inflation). The Genesis Gen 12 is ridiculous, but I doubt prices are going to come down much on those. I overpaid by about $60 for an AK-V to be able to get one. Most brands are back close to normal prices....Gen 5 Glocks can be had for $500 as are BCM lowers ($395 complete) again. S&W M&P pistols and a lot of AKs are inflated still though. I guess it all depends on what you're buying. Boutique stuff is pretty normally priced. It's ammo that's ~double the price it should be.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I agree with @Sean K. and am also a Gen Xer. I would add that what I see are Millenials driving AK prices into the next galaxy, as well as accessorizing mid-grade ARs with extremely pricey upgrades.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts