XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LWRC made the IAR (infantry automatic rifle) for the Marines. Military feedback resulted in some changes which will be featured in the civilian version, the M6A3. This is a middy length short stroke gas piston carbine, with an XCR style 4 position gas regulator, integrated flip up front sights, and Cold hammer forged Nitride barrel. The barrel has 25,000-30,000 round life cycle.

The M6A3 will be at SHOT and should go on sale around june 2009...

Hopefully I can have an M6A3 and XCR-M for B-day gifts in June. The American Arms makers are really stepping up and taking on the well funded Euro firms head on

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is a nice looking rifle. Wonder how much they are going to get for it?

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
the gas regulator looks more FAL-ish to me....

Looks like an interesting rifle, though.

tk

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
So that thing shoots from an open bolt? How does that work, exactly (wondered constantly while watching the futureweapons episode on it). How much of the internals are AR15 compatible? I imagine not much.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So that thing shoots from an open bolt? How does that work, exactly (wondered constantly while watching the futureweapons episode on it). How much of the internals are AR15 compatible? I imagine not much.
The M6A3 will not fire from an open bolt like the IAR. It only inherited the Middy piston, rail, gas regulator and front sight from the IAR.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah... Nice gun... and seemingly nice people to talk to...
I thought it was strong competition for the XCR.

But I went the XCR route for two main reasons:
1) I've had previous conversations with Alex regarding my Vepr Super.
He was extremely helpful even though I did not buy the rifle from him
(it was an estate find!).
2) I've read extremely favorable reports about the XCR from John Farnam
via his quips postings, both about the gun's reliability and regarding the
availability and friendliness of the RA Support Staff.

That combination is really hard to match by the competition these days.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I want the 7.62 NATO SABR version

·
Registered
332 Posts
If i'm not mistaken LWRC's IAR only fired from the open bolt in full auto. In semi auto and for the first shot of full auto it fired from a closed bolt.

Cartmann, the SABR looks like it will be a great weapon, but i hear it's going to start in the $3500 msrp range for the gun with one upper. I considered trying to hold out for one, but between the price and the fact that there still doesn't seem to be a firm timeframe for civilian sales, I think i'm going to have to pass.

·
Registered
874 Posts
They are making a Canadian Specific version that they are trying to get into Canada Non restricted just like the XCR. It is of course the 7.62x51 SABR version. I hope they succeed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts