XCR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized last night that Leitner Wise Rifle Company is no longer.

They are now: Land Warfare Research Center

I wonder how long it took them to come up with that acronym?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Probably when they were first on Baldo the Wunder SEAL's show and decided Leitner Wise Rifle Company sounded weird. That and I think the Leitner Wise part of the company no longer is there.

That and Land Warfare Research Center sounds bad ass.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It stems from either the fact they couldn't produce crap or their reputation after one of the guys there was called out claiming to be SF.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It stems from either the fact they couldn't produce crap or their reputation after one of the guys there was called out claiming to be SF.
Yes there was a HUGE controversy over Leitner abusing prospective customers and bad mouthing people and making all kinds of claims on one of the boards. Maybe it was ARFCOM?

But he got kicked to das curb wit das boot and they have been trying to make a better name for themselves since. I do plan on getting an M6A3 upper for my AR build.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The company was sold to group of investors headed by a former Army  Officer named Pat Bryan. He was originally brought in as a trouble shooter but the company was so internally screwed up that the only way to fix it was to buy it. They changed the name and moved the plant to Maryland. They've made huge strides in improving the manufacturing and customer service. Bringing in people such as Larry Vickers and Pat Rogers as consultants didn't hurt either. You would be hard pressed to find a better built piston AR type rifle. It looks like their 7.62 Nato SABR will be released in the near future. It's going to be between them and R.A. as to who gets my money next!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks for the history lesson firemancjack! I love having better info than "this douche said that and everyone got butthurt".

LWRC is probably my second favorite 5.56mm rifle company. They are pricey, but I know they'll work when I need them and, like Robinson, they take excellent care of their customers.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My issue is still the price and features.

LWRC vs XCR vs LMT MRP

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My issue is still the price and features.

LWRC vs XCR vs LMT MRP
True enough. Complete LWRC carbines are insanely expensive for what you get IMHO. I got a solid deal on an SBR upper, but I dont think I would have been so quick to buy if I had to drop $2000. That is way too close to SCAR pricing for my tastes.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
True enough. Complete LWRC carbines are insanely expensive for what you get IMHO. I got a solid deal on an SBR upper, but I dont think I would have been so quick to buy if I had to drop 00. That is way too close to SCAR pricing for my tastes.
Truth! The only reason I am willing to spend $1800+ on an LWRC M6A3 upper is that the build is for my son and I love that little fart, so I am doing something special for him that he can enjoy when he is old enough.

·
Registered
24 Posts
True enough. Complete LWRC carbines are insanely expensive for what you get IMHO. I got a solid deal on an SBR upper, but I dont think I would have been so quick to buy if I had to drop 00. That is way too close to SCAR pricing for my tastes.
Truth! The only reason I am willing to spend 00+ on an LWRC M6A3 upper is that the build is for my son and I love that little fart, so I am doing something special for him that he can enjoy when he is old enough.

Dude, you can adopt me.

·
Registered
22,523 Posts
The LWRC guys are great with fantastic customer service....second only to Terra and RA.
Ditto....Darren, Jesse, Andy and Joe all have taken great care of me in the past.

Sean

·
Registered
206 Posts
Killswitch, Wish my Dad had something as cool as that to pass down. I did get a couple of .22s from him.  I treasure them even though they aren't worth much as far as gun values go. They are priceless to me. I hope you and your Son have many years of special memories! As far as the price, yes the retail prices are close to insane. If you hunt hard enough you can stumble across a bargain. I wasn't expressly looking for one when I got mine but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
I paid $2200 (full retail) for my LWRC M6A2 and I don't regret it one bit. I love it just as much as my XCR. The HBar XCR (with MI sites) only ran me $1350, but that was back in 2007 and I had a hook up back then. My LWRC I bought in January (well past the election), once SGC had it in stock I jumped at the chance.

I don't think the LWRC is $850 better but it does come with some trick stuff, and trick stuff always cost extra, whether you need it or not. LWRC has:
- 1/7 Twist Cold Hammer Forged 4150CrMV45 barrel with NiCorr finish inside and out
- NiCorr finished short stroke gas piston operating system
- EXO(Nickel Boron) finish bolt carrier with OTB flutes on the boss end
- Vltor EMOD stock
- LWRCI logoed Troy flip-ups bow and stern
- Tango Down Rail Covers

You have to figure the Barrel alone is worth about $200 over the XCR Barrel, the Troy Sites another $100 (over MI sites), TD Rail covers about $30, Vltor Emod about $100. The NiCorr coating is probably all marketing hype (for now) and who knows if it helps. But it still cost money to coat, you have to figure about $200 to coat since that's how much a good paint job costs. So that's about $600 worth of extra's.

For my next rifle I was leaning towards a .308 LWRC or XCR. But looks like it will now be the LWRC SABR because the the XCR-M is looking like it may not come out anytime soon.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But looks like it will now be the LWRC SABR because the the XCR-M is looking like it may not come out anytime soon.
I would start saving for the XCR-M now. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts