XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking here for quite a while. I finally ordered a XCR but waited too long and am now caught up in the Nobama iron rush. "snooze and lose". After I ordered it a guy called and wants to sell me his M96, it has all the factory upgrades and recalls done to it. He only test fired it, cleaned it and put it back in the box. I looked at it a while back back and it is new, seeed a little front heavy if I remember right. His asking price is $1200.00. Is that out of line or where it should be in todays market? Thanks

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
They hover between 1000-1300 on average. Sometimes you might get lucky and find one for less than $1000 but that is really rare.

For a gun that was supposed to god awful according to ARFCOM, demend for M96's is still very solid and its held its value pretty well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the guy today, I'll pick it up in two weeks. That should hold me over until my XCR gets in. Does the M96 seem a little front heavy for those of you that own one?
Two Robarms have to be better than one!!!!
I didn't do a search on this, but does Robarms still service these if they break or have parts? Its all these nooby questions you've probably all heard before Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
We always take care of any repair issues with the M96s. I have a couple in-shop right now, in fact.

If it's got the 20" barrel (the expeditionary version), yes, it can be a bit front-heavy. FUN rifle to shoot. I'm always snatching one of the company's when I go to the range.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Terra, It does have the 20" barrel on it, so that explains that. I've been lurking here long enough to know that you take excellent care of the XCR rifles, I should have known that about the 96. Thanks for the response.

'

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
One day when I see a 16" Recon at the right price, I'm going to get one. $1200 sounds about right for the market right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts