XCR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is what I've worked on and finished late last April; an extended Picatinny rail for my first gun and love, the DP-12 shotgun. The rail is 20" long and .75" high, made out of 6061 T6 aluminum (the factory rail is 13.75" long and .5" high). I designed it on Autodesk Fusion 360 and milled it out on a 3-axis Hurco CNC machine after class at my school. I needed this thing because I wanted better eye relief (both in length and in height) for the Vortex 3x magnifier working in tandem with the UH-1 holosight for when I want to shoot slugs on the range. It was absolutely worth the trouble to make this thing and I feel comfortable using it even with the irons for shooting clays. I'm getting it anodized and I'll have it screwed down with loctite when I get it back, so time will tell how tight it holds down and how precise it stays for the red dot.

I'll keep adding things to this thread as I get more projects done. I'd like to see what other things people have worked on too!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Nice.....now make us some folding charging handles.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
What, they're not being made anymore? I'll consider it in that case, but my mind share is focused on other things, not the least of which is a 3D printed lower for the XCR that accepts AR-15 triggers.
They are not, the guy who did the first run has talked about a 2nd run, but he's got a lot of irons in the fire and that this is essentially a passion project and might make him a couple bucks at best......

That lower would be neat, been wondering why Alex didn't go that route initially since I got my first one.

Reactions: Chowwow
1 - 4 of 4 Posts