XCR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know anything about the different kinds of magazines that are out there for the fire arms community but would like to subscribe to something to stay on top of fire arm development and what not.

So my question is which magazines do you guys subscribe to? Any you would recommend or specifically not recommend?

My particular interests include:

1) Training/tactics, personal self-defense
2) Gun* technology, new ideas, advances, basically what's new and exciting on the horizon
3) Gear and gun* reviews
4) I'm an EMT-B so if there is something medical that would be a plus.
5) Maaaaybe hunting too, but I already subscribe to Field & Stream.

* By "gun" i'm mostly referring to assult rifles and handguns.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

I have subscribed to SWAT magazine but the reviews I've found on the "Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement" were iffy.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I pick up a copy of SWAT mag from time to time too. Much better than anything else I've read in the last several years.

Besides, they're the only gun mag that my boy (and I) have been in ;D I picked up SEVERAL of that issue! HA!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
The only problem I have seen with the above mentioned mags (along with Black Rifles and a few others) is you will see the same story in different mags, staggered by a month sometimes. I just pick them up at the store if they look interesting.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Soldier of Fortune is pretty good from time to time. At least it used to be. I don't see it anymore, really. I wonder if it is available any more. :(

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Great choice with SWAT. I don't like many of the gun rags, but I have picked up a couple of the old SWAT issues (you can order them off the website).

·
Registered
568 Posts
Gun Tests,Defense Review, Jane's Defense Weekly are also good info sources.

For books let me recommended "Rifle shooter" by David Tubb, " Hatcher's note book" by Julian Hatcher,"The art of Rifle" by Cooper "The Bolt Action" by Stuart Otteson, "Fast and Fancy" by Ed McGivern and any edition of "Small arms of the World" and then all the currently popular books about modern riflery

1 - 10 of 10 Posts