XCR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I was pretty familiar with everything 6.8 but just discovered the XCR in 6.8 today and wow, what an under the radar weapon.

Anyway, I have a 6.8 built off of a LWRC receiver set. It accepts the Six8 Pmags. Was wondering if those would work with a 6.8 XCR as well

thanks

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
I thought I was pretty familiar with everything 6.8 but just discovered the XCR in 6.8 today and wow, what an under the radar weapon.

Anyway, I have a 6.8 built off of a LWRC receiver set. It accepts the Six8 Pmags. Was wondering if those would work with a 6.8 XCR as well

thanks
Yes.....they will work. Any STANAG mag will work in the XCR. I too had an LWRC 6.8 as well as a 6.8 XCR. Got out of Six8 due to pricing if you don't reload. Great round though.

Reactions: TTEngineer

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I thought the Six8 PMAGS were too long(?) for a standard mag well and only worked with the LWRC receiver. I've never handled them so just verifying.

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
I thought the Six8 PMAGS were too long(?) for a standard mag well and only worked with the LWRC receiver. I've never handled them so just verifying.
Didn't know there were Six8 specific pmags. I ran the Cproducts, PRI and a few others back when I was in Six8....but that was more than a decade ago too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I‘ve got a couple of aluminum C Product and a couple of steel “waffle top” PRI 6.8 specific mags that work in my XCR. Agree on the cost of 6.8 now, unless you reload, though I have a lot of Silver State Armory 6.8 “seconds” that I got a few years ago. I’ve got enough that I won’t need to reload anytime in the near future (which is good as powder and primers are still hit and miss of availability and pricing)! 🧐

·
Registered
22,807 Posts
Thanks for the link. That sounds INCREDIBLY stupid though. Only fits in their gun. What were the mag reliability problems that necessitated a new lower non-stanag well? I had ZERO failures with my Six8. Literally none. Granted, I only went through 2K of the 55 cent/round of SSA copper washed ammo (maybe a bit over with different types/brands) b/c the ammo was so spendy so maybe there were more issues, but I had none with my mags.

Never fired the 6.8 XCR conversion I had. Ended up giving the 2nd spare bolt away here IIRC after I sold the conversion.

·
Registered
22,807 Posts

Saudis wanted a 6.8 PMAG.
Again, thanks for the education, brother! Much appreciated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts