XCR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of my 1/2 magpul CTR Cheek Riser. I know, most of you are saying, big deal we've seen these before. Look closely in the pics and you will see that my riser stays put on the back of the receiver regardless of stock position. You will also see that my riser fits tighter on the rear of the receiver.

I had the local gunsmith connect the slots on the stock for the cheek piece so the riser can slide along the stock. I had to file down the front locking tabs and clearance the inside of the riser a bit so it would fit tighter to the receiver. The machined slots were left a little undersize compared to the factory slots to keep it a little tighter. Worst case, I plan to JB Weld/Epoxy the riser to the castle nut so it has not flex and stays put. Right now when you adjust the stock, the riser slides back and you have to slide it forward.

I talked with Magpul before doing this and they thought the biggest risk would be decreased strenght in a drop situation. No further than I extend the stock, I am not worried about it. I see no reason this wouldn't work on an MOE stock as well. The price to machine was $20 so I didn't think the price was bad.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Martens,do you still have the pics of this modification?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Any luck on re-posting the pics? I'm about to order a cheek riser, just was curious what yours looked like.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I used a Dremel to grind the tabs down some,then snapped it place using duoble stick tape.It's solid!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts