XCR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the regular folding stock on my XTR. I'm thinking about switching to the CTR. I've seen the base one that magpul makes, then I've seen some that come with a tube and springs and all that. Do I need the kit since I have the folding stock or does the m4 adapter come with a tube ect?

thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
I wouldn't go with the Magpul kit unless you want an extra AR buffer spring. I would order the parts from RA alongwith the buffer tube and then get the correct CTR. There are two different buffer tubes, commercial and milspec, and I am not sure what RA sells.

You can also get the hinge and source your own buffer tube as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know if the m4 adapter that they sell includes the tube and everything I would need besides the actual stock?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Give Terra a buzz, pm or email, but I would assume the answer is yes.

Depending what you want to do with it, you may like the fixed tube with the CTR better. I have all the different type of stocks and found that the folder with CTR at its shortest was the same length as the stock folder. I needed shorter.

If this is what you want to go with, I will sell you the folding adaptor needed to use with the CTR. Then all you have to do is add your buffer and CTR and be good to go. Most places that sell the CTR can hook you up with the buffer of your choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the folding adapter w/ the CTR. The adapter takes the Mil-Spec tube, and this can be purchased as a kit with the CTR. That being said, I think I might actually prefer the non-folding adapter w/ the CTR for the XCR. At it's shortest (retracted) length, it still feels a little long to me.

Also... give the Magpul cheek riser a try, too. I installed it on mine and it instantly improved my cheek weld/ head position on the rifle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts