XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to buy a new sling. I decided I would visit Magpul's site and see if their new sling was available. To my shock it was. Another shock was the price. @ 49.95 I was a little hesitant. But then again, even those that don't care for Magpul or think Magpul is overrated, They usually make pretty decent stuff. Let's face it, if they made crap, they wouldn't be very popular.

So I ordered the sling and received it about a week later. :(

Immediately I noticed it was heavier than most other slings. I felt this was a good sign. When I pulled it out of the package, it felt like no other sling I have used. The material was softer than most webbing type slings. As far as the strap is concerned, the material is top notch.

The sling has a quick release detachment/attachment point that stays closed unless one pulls on the cord to quickly release the sling from the weapon.

The second detachment/attachment point has a locking mechanism that prevents the clip from opening accidentally, which, in my opinion, would more than likely happen if this safety is not engaged.

Overall, this is a high quality, top notch sling. In my opinion it is worth the $49.95. Although, at any higher of a price, I could find other less costly slings that will do just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Photo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photo

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Photo

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've been wanting to get that sling, too. I went to their web site, but it said the sling is not available until March 13. Do you have the URL or which Magpul web page you went to? Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the heads up XCRFan. Does it clip directly to the attachment point at the rear of the receiver on the XCR? What about the fron attachment point if it will be used as a two point sling?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe they are out of them and are not taking back orders. ???

I would check maybe the night of the 12th and then the morning of the 13th and then order it. My assumption is that they will become hot like the pmags are.

As for the two point function, I am not sure as I only plan on using it as a 1 point sling.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
That's a real trick buckle. Looks super strong and I wonder does it disconnect as well as the other type, which can be a pain in the tail and I have experienced some breakage with the standard plastic buckles...I'll be interested in hearing your further comments.
SINKER

I was looking to buy a new sling. I decided I would visit Magpul's site and see if their new sling was available. To my shock it was. Another shock was the price. @ 49.95 I was a little hesitant. But then again, even those that don't care for Magpul or think Magpul is overrated, They usually make pretty decent stuff. Let's face it, if they made crap, they wouldn't be very popular.

So I ordered the sling and received it about a week later. :(

Immediately I noticed it was heavier than most other slings. I felt this was a good sign. When I pulled it out of the package, it felt like no other sling I have used. The material was softer than most webbing type slings. As far as the strap is concerned, the material is top notch.

The sling has a quick release detachment/attachment point that stays closed unless one pulls on the cord to quickly release the sling from the weapon.

The second detachment/attachment point has a locking mechanism that prevents the clip from opening accidentally, which, in my opinion, would more than likely happen if this safety is not engaged.

Overall, this is a high quality, top notch sling. In my opinion it is worth the .95. Although, at any higher of a price, I could find other less costly slings that will do just fine.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
That is about a standard price for a decent 2 point sling. It looks well made, I will probably pick one up to try out.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was looking to spend a little this month and decided to check out this sling again. Magpul's site now just says "Coming Soon". I think they stumbled again and didn't anticipate demand at all!

Maybe I can find an FDE MIAD somewhere...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Are the FDE MIAD grips that hard to find now?

BTW I've seen Magpul UBR stocks going for over $500 on eBay. That is friggin ridiculous.....

·
Registered
204 Posts
I don't know if the FDE MIADs are all out; but the first two places I looked said "no backorder". Plenty of black to go around though.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
DC at Magpul sent us a couple of the slings to test. My only gripe was with the front clip. Nothing major, I just preferred and ended up swapping it with an H&K claw hook. Other than that, it's really versatile.

Then again, I'm a huge fan of Magpul products.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Question for XCRFan, or any others who have tried this sling. Is the associated Magpul part:

ASAP Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point

needed for the XCR? I am thinking about trying this sling and wanted to check.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I ordered 2 of them today, Hopefully I get them in a reasonable amount of time.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I am still waiting on 6 trigger guards that have been back ordered for almost 5 weeks. This is from Brownells, one of Magpuls largest distributors.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts