XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the $50 sling. Let's face it Magpul doesn't make junk. When I was ordering it, I looked at their M4 buffer tube adapter for the sling (the ambidextrous one). I noticed it had a ring permanently attached. So, I got to thinking before I made the purchase how I was going to attache the sling to the sling adapter on the XCR on the receiver. I decided that a nice strong heavy duty key ring would actually work quite nicely.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this approach? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just make sure that whatever you use it doesn't have a squared edge as it will dig at the aluminum,and will chew it away.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point. I may go to the hardware store and see what else I can find. Hey Tread - got any ideas?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I can't remember but it seems to me someone posted a website that had sling attachments.I like the HK style d-hook.I have a stopgap Caa single point on mine and it uses what seems to be similar to the HK,or a d-ring.I wish some one would do something wrapped in polymer,but it would likely be to damn big to go through the eye on the XCR.I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have two of the Tactical Link Z360 mounts and two different single point slings - one standard - one bungee.

I have yet to find anything that works better for my needs, and I've tried a LOT... :2cents:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two of the Tactical Link Z360 mounts and two different single point slings - one standard - one bungee.

I have yet to find anything that works better for my needs, and I've tried a LOT... :2cents:

On the XCR with a standard tube folding stock?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well wouldnt the tactical link Z360 work on an XCR since it just attaches to the stock tube?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
YOU CAN USE SOME SMALL TUBING ON THE KEY RING. (CLEAR OR BLACK) THREAD TUBING ON TO THE KEY RING AFTER YOU INSTALL THE RING TO THE GUN. TUBING CAN BE FOUND AT THE HARDWARE STORE.

·
Registered
327 Posts
:thanks: :party:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh. Here is a bit of news. I contacted R&D about an adapter for the receiver eyelet. They told me that they have developed a "sweet" "quick detach" sling adapter for the receiver sling mount. They also said that it will accept almost any sling that supports a single point.

but how do you order one, you ask? Call Allison up I guess. Or you could order a new XCR as this adapter comes on all XCRs now being shipped.

I guess mine will have what it is I am looking for.

:boogie:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ahh. Here is a bit of news. I contacted R&D about an adapter for the receiver eyelet. They told me that they have developed a "sweet" "quick detach" sling adapter for the receiver sling mount. They also said that it will accept almost any sling that supports a single point.

but how do you order one, you ask? Call Allison up I guess. Or you could order a new XCR as this adapter comes on all XCRs now being shipped.

That's good to know

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you so much. I didn't even know that my XCR had the quick detach sling adapter built into it because it is difficult to even notice. All my problems are solved!! Robinson Arms is genius!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts