XCR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I went ahead and ordered the $50 sling. Let's face it Magpul doesn't make junk. When I was ordering it, I looked at their M4 buffer tube adapter for the sling (the ambidextrous one). I noticed it had a ring permanently attached. So, I got to thinking before I made the purchase how I was going to attache the sling to the sling adapter on the XCR on the receiver. I decided that a nice strong heavy duty key ring would actually work quite nicely.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this approach? :dontknow:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Just make sure that whatever you use it doesn't have a squared edge as it will dig at the aluminum,and will chew it away.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good point. I may go to the hardware store and see what else I can find. Hey Tread - got any ideas?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I can't remember but it seems to me someone posted a website that had sling attachments.I like the HK style d-hook.I have a stopgap Caa single point on mine and it uses what seems to be similar to the HK,or a d-ring.I wish some one would do something wrapped in polymer,but it would likely be to damn big to go through the eye on the XCR.I'll keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have two of the Tactical Link Z360 mounts and two different single point slings - one standard - one bungee.

I have yet to find anything that works better for my needs, and I've tried a LOT... :2cents:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have two of the Tactical Link Z360 mounts and two different single point slings - one standard - one bungee.

I have yet to find anything that works better for my needs, and I've tried a LOT... :2cents:

On the XCR with a standard tube folding stock?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Well wouldnt the tactical link Z360 work on an XCR since it just attaches to the stock tube?

·
Registered
327 Posts
:thanks: :party:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ahh. Here is a bit of news. I contacted R&D about an adapter for the receiver eyelet. They told me that they have developed a "sweet" "quick detach" sling adapter for the receiver sling mount. They also said that it will accept almost any sling that supports a single point.

but how do you order one, you ask? Call Allison up I guess. Or you could order a new XCR as this adapter comes on all XCRs now being shipped.

I guess mine will have what it is I am looking for.

:boogie:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ahh. Here is a bit of news. I contacted R&D about an adapter for the receiver eyelet. They told me that they have developed a "sweet" "quick detach" sling adapter for the receiver sling mount. They also said that it will accept almost any sling that supports a single point.

but how do you order one, you ask? Call Allison up I guess. Or you could order a new XCR as this adapter comes on all XCRs now being shipped.

That's good to know

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thank you so much. I didn't even know that my XCR had the quick detach sling adapter built into it because it is difficult to even notice. All my problems are solved!! Robinson Arms is genius!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.