XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok if you look at the Masada and the Massoud (.308 version), You will see that they use the same charging handle concept. Although it looks a little bit different it is still that same. The bolt release is a complete rip off of the XCR. The mag release is as well a rip off of the XCR.

I will admit though, I do like how the Massad/Massoud is the tool-less quick change barrel system. That is the only thing that would top off the XCR IMO. Other than that, the Magpul rifle has nothing on the XCR. ;D :D ;) :) 8)

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
You will see that they use the same charging handle concept. Although it looks a little bit different it is still that same. The bolt release is a complete rip off of the XCR. The mag release is as well a rip off of the XCR.
LOL...Been there said that,in another thread.The tooless barrel exchange and using an almost compatable AR barrel which speaks only for more availability later,and the ambi bolt release are the only thing the XCR could possibly have that would make it better.At least that I can think of right away.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will see that they use the same charging handle concept. Although it looks a little bit different it is still that same. The bolt release is a complete rip off of the XCR. The mag release is as well a rip off of the XCR.
LOL...Been there said that,in another thread.The tooless barrel exchange and using an almost compatable AR barrel which speaks only for more availability later,and the ambi bolt release are the only thing the XCR could possibly have that would make it better.At least that I can think of right away.
Are you saying that the BM ACR is better than the XCR or the XCR is better than the BM ACR? I'm a bit confused.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I meant the ACR has a few features that the XCR could benefit from.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other than the tool-less barrel and the drop-in trigger assemblies, what does the ACR have that the XCR doesn't or is incapable of being added?

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Other than the tool-less barrel and the drop-in trigger assemblies, what does the ACR have that the XCR doesn't or is incapable of being added?
As I stated earlier
The tooless barrel exchange and using an almost compatable AR barrel which speaks only for more availability later,and the ambi bolt release are the only thing the XCR could possibly have that would make it better.At least that I can think of right away.
so other than what I mentioned,you said the other,the interchangeable trigger group,I would have to say nothing.The ambi mag release should be in the works for the XCR so.....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Please post this on ARFCOM. The ensuing thread would be absolutely epic. If you could, do it tonight, as I just bought a couple pints of Newcastle and have nothing going on.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Unfortunately, the XCR charging handle is already borrowed from the FAL (and maybe others). But I do think it's funny that Magpul first ripped off the charging handle of the Scar (the whole gun actually) and when they and FN figured out that location didn't work they decided to go XCR/FAL. The LWRC SABR .308 prototype also went this route, even though it is AR derived. ::)

Alex is way ahead of the pack on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Are you saying that the BM ACR is better than the XCR or the XCR is better than the BM ACR? I'm a bit confused.
I think flying purple unicorns that poop diamonds are better than the XCR.

So what do flying purple unicorns that poop diamonds have in common with the ACR?

How do you make a gun better? Make it more like the XCR. Just ask Magpul and LWRC...

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
LMAO....Good one VB!! ;D

·
Registered
467 Posts
The most important feature the XCR has that the Masada/ACR(which still makes me think of the Steyr flechette rifle) doesn't is it's available.

Counts for quite a bit, in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I can't find the post over on ARF, at least not from the link.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
The most important feature the XCR has that the Masada/ACR(which still makes me think of the Steyr flechette rifle) doesn't is it's available.

Counts for quite a bit, in my opinion
Very good point,This is one of if not the first next-gen rifles that have actually went into production.Some people lump the SIG 556 into that category as well,I however do not.In my opinion the Sig isn't much more than a refined AK.That statement isn't meant to flame it,just pointing out the fact thats it's just a civilian version of an older design.As I've mentioned before not only was the XCR the first,it is the most affordable and arguably the best design.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
It was deleted by a mod.
Now I remember why I hate those pricks over there!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It was deleted by a mod.
Now I remember why I hate those pricks over there!
They don't allow any vendor bashing, because those vendors are their bread and butter. Just look at all the advertising. I know of at least 30 people who read the post before it was deleted.

Ok so beside everyone using the FAL charging handle, who was the first to design the bolt release that the XCR uses? RA or someone else? Also, who designed the mag release?

Have you noticed from the pics above that Magpul even stole the look of the magwell?

I guess this whole Masada/ACR thing bugs the crap out of me because I fell in love with the Masada when I first saw it and I almost chose it over the XCR. Of course I knew I would have to wait 20 years before I could have an ACR. Then I realized that the XCR was superior and actually original.

I also do not like how Magpul fully integrated their product line into the weapon such as the handle and the stock. If they truly feel their product line is superior then why not make the rifle truly modular and let people choose the furniture they want that works well for them. Even if it is another Magpul stock, you still cannot change the grip or the stock. I just don't like that. I am really disappointed in the Masada/ACR. I like Magpul, they are original in all of their product line, except the Masada/ACR/Massuod.

So don't get me wrong, Magpul is a good company overall and make very good products. I am just disappointed with the ACR. :butt1:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts