XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Get rid of the lightening cuts in the rails. It will make the uppers easier to manufacturer and give better accessory compatibility.

Lighter trigger.

medium contour barrel 1/7 twist.
You nailed it. Lightening cut rails and Larue don't mix... that is bad. Medcon barrel with 1/7 twist.. should have been the default. As for the trigger... no excuse. Still... a real decent first show.
I ran an EOTech in a Larue mount on my XCR, no problems at all. No marks on the rails, no problem keeping a zero; it fit perfect. The only thing I've heard of that doesn't work is the KAC VFG.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have Larue mounts on my XCR and there's not a problem. Ipso facto, lightning cuts aren't an issue. More intarwebz bullshit laid to rest.
QFT.

Regardless of your no doubt thorough "Internet Testing" slag (couldn't resist that one), no one has reported any problems with Larue on the XCR. In fact, its the complete opposite, NO ONE has reported a problem.

On a side note, guess what the new KAC PDW has on its top rail? :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
Regardless of your no doubt thorough "Internet Testing" slag (couldn't resist that one), no one has reported any problems with Larue on the XCR. In fact, its the complete opposite, NO ONE has reported a problem.
It's "internet testing" when one doesn't own an example... or even held one in their hands... in this case I have an example of each... so once again... I'm not qualified to internet test this setup... ;)

IMO Larue is top shelf... and I would like to run their mounts with my XCR... but such is not going to be the case.

BTW... this is a perfect example when the products in question will function perfectly together... during internet testing.. but not be ideally suited for each other in the real world... ;D
Have you ever run any Larue mounts on your XCR?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.