XCR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May put a deposit down on one tomorrow. My dealer has 4 coming in and 2 are not spoken for.
This will be my first rifle in a while.
Had a AR15 a while ago and sold it due to money reasin.
I tried to search but came up with too many topics.
How does the MCR compare to the AR15?
I will be using the rifle for 100 yard target only.
I like the folding stock but cant have it in CT. Thats was a big plus for me but I cant get it here.
Thanks and sont kill me if these question were answered before

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Re: May get a MCR soon.

You mean "X" CR not MCR. Good rifle, you have a good choice of caliber(s) too. If you reload there is the 6.8. If you don't reload the 7.62x39 is still fairly cheap compared to 5.56/.223. Most states allow the 6.8/7.62x39 for deer hunting another plus. Whichever you choose welcome to the forum. Your homework assignment is to read old posts to glean usable info. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The XCR is a lovely rifle. Some good points...

1) Charging handle is on the left.
2) Won't blow gas back in your face while shooting
3) Is gas piston driven, and thusly is CLEAN and efficient
4) Great accuracy
5) The internals are sturdy and durable. No shear-able lugs on the bolt, field stripping takes half the time....

It's a great rifle. I say that not just as an RA employee... because I am fanatically obsessed with mine. :inlove:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Re: May get a MCR soon.

You mean "X" CR not MCR. Good rifle, you have a good choice of caliber(s) too. If you reload there is the 6.8. If you don't reload the 7.62x39 is still fairly cheap compared to 5.56/.223. Most states allow the 6.8/7.62x39 for deer hunting another plus. Whichever you choose welcome to the forum. Your homework assignment is to read old posts to glean usable info. ;D ;D ;D
He could have meant the Cobb MCR rifle?

http://www.defensereview.com/article698.html

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
I think it was a typo,and he meant XCR.Either way the Cobb is,I believe,out of production and was purchased by Bushmaster.It was a solid design from what I have read,other than being a gas impingement operating system,I wouldn't mind owning one.The lower from what I understand has an interchangeable magazine well,which is an interesting approach to using differant magazines.Anyway not trying to hijack the thread.Sikocycles do a little research and you'll find the XCR is a very solid platform that lends itself to great adaptability.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts