XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kripes! When will we ever get a presidential elections with decent candidates and not yet another "vote for the least worse of the two candidates" elections?

How does 'da herd' feel who's gonna get it?

The dems keep on getting loonier candidates every elections, leaning farther and farther left. So do the republicans but they have yet to reach looney levels.

Obama gives me the creeps regarding his Muslim background, anti-American clergymen, and support from people that shouldn't support him such as Hugo Chavez and Ahmadinejad.

Obviously race will have an impact on this one. If it's a racial issue, there are many blacks that would be fine presidents and he isn't one of them. But just as many people who would vote blindly for him, many would equally vote blindly against him. Unfortunately blacks have a horrible track record in civic leadership.

I predict McCain will bag this one.

Read the Wiki's and talk amongst yourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain

BTW, I salute my flag.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Its really too bad Bush couldn't have ammended the constitution and allowed American citizens who weren't born on American Soil to run for President. I think that Arnold would have made a fine president. ;D I just hope whoever wins doesn't shut the US out from the rest of the world cause I am sick of these new rules the US state department has put on exports to canada. Its ridiculous they treat Canadian shooting sports people like terrorists.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope your right! But if HILLERY sighns on with Obama the dem. will get the womans vote also.
I don't think she'll get the ride-a-long. If Obama had half a brain he'd pick a dem running mate that leans right, like Richardson. And with him they'll also get the hispanic votes.

One loon is bad. Two looney's would surely sink thier boat. Hitlery obviously didn't garner all the women votes during the primaries if it was categorized a race v. gender event. But primaries don't say squat how presidential elections will go.

The issue with those twp idiots running together will make the fence sitters, who in the first place are usually the timid indecisive types, will go for a sure and secure thing. A black and a woman, both being the first to run on a presidential, would not be a sure and secure thing.

If Obama picks a running mate that is not "a liberal", McCain will have a run for his money. But what if McCain picks Condi Rice? And to boot she's more conservative than he is.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its really too bad Bush couldn't have ammended the constitution and allowed American citizens who weren't born on American Soil to run for President. I think that Arnold would have made a fine president. ;D I just hope whoever wins doesn't shut the US out from the rest of the world cause I am sick of these new rules the US state department has put on exports to canada. Its ridiculous they treat Canadian shooting sports people like terrorists.
McCain was born in Panama (although it was the PCZ, a U.S. territory then).

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I would'nt mind partying with Arnold but I am glad he cannot run for president, that is if I want to keep my guns. Look up the bills he has signed concerning firearms. If you are not from California you will be shocked. As far as gun rights in CA nothing has improved, only gotten worse on his watch. Manufacturers like Glock and Barrett standing up to the state is what has helped a bit. Arnold is a manly man but his wife (a Kennedy) like mine has a lot of influence in his life although his foreign upbringing has influence as well.
Been to Europe, nice place to visit but don't want to live there. Apparently Arnold doesn't either. There are a lot of countries where lefties can go to and get what they are looking for, why do they need to change America?. They (Baldwin and other Hollywood libs) keep threatening to leave but they don't. I wonder why? The US is unique in this world and our backs are against the wall because there is nowhere else on this planet that provides the freedoms I have and respect. I'm staying. That also means I will continue the fight, legally of coarse.
God Bless America!

·
Registered
512 Posts
An Obama/Clinton ticket would be the worse thing to happen to this country.
Listen to them ,they are not even Liberals they are Communist ,and people like them will not have a chance like this again for years.
Four years of these two will ruin this country ,and they will in those four years make changes that will ensure their power for years to come.
They will not make the mistake like they did with Carter ,and allow another Reagan to come in four years later.
And if people like them are in control of Congress ,this will be a sure bet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Which is better?

The one who wants to increase spending with a nat'l health care system...

or

The one who is learning about the economy by reading Alan Greenspan's new book?

Yeah... me too...

·
Registered
512 Posts
This entire thing should have never gotten this far. Non of these people are qualified to have this office ,and the Liberals got McCain in there for us.
In those states that allow you to vote in either party's primary's ,the Dem's went out in mass numbers and selected McCain ,because he was closer to them than the other candidates.

And this insanity is only going to get worse in the months to come.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I can not support some one the refuses to respect our nation because it is a 'symbol of death and hate' to other people in the world. The US flag and National Anthem are not symbols of death and hate here. I also do not agree with his opinions on changing the national anthem. Yes, the song is written about a battle, it was written during a war, but this nation was born in war and that should never be forgotten. Removing the small reminders people have of the cost of their liberties will only make them take them more for granted, and guard them less.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I can not support some one the refuses to respect our nation because it is a 'symbol of death and hate' to other people in the world. The US flag and National Anthem are not symbols of death and hate here. I also do not agree with his opinions on changing the national anthem. Yes, the song is written about a battle, it was written during a war, but this nation was born in war and that should never be forgotten. Removing the small reminders people have of the cost of their liberties will only make them take them more for granted, and guard them less.
I agree with Piusmilitus. The reason we are accused of death and hate is jealousy! Everytime some disaster in the world happens who is always there? US. that's right, the UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Backed up by the U.S. tax payer. I was proud and thought of all the people helped the day I saw the Hospital Ship Mercy return to San Diego after helping thousands of non US citizens. I will never be embarrassed to be an American. I realize we are not perfect but you don't hear about people hiding in containers or aircraft wheel wells possibly sacrificing their lives to go to the middle east!
And we sure as hell don't fence you in.
Col Maddog, Out! :mad:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hail Piusmilitus , Defender of the Republic.
Least we not fall into the ways that defeated us once before.!!!
Strength and Honer !!!!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
I agree with Piusmilitus. The reason we are accused of death and hate is jealousy! Everytime some disaster in the world happens who is always there? US. that's right, the UNITED STATES of AMERICA! Backed up by the U.S. tax payer. I was proud and thought of all the people helped the day I saw the Hospital Ship Mercy return to San Diego after helping thousands of non US citizens. I will never be embarrassed to be an American. I realize we are not perfect but you don't hear about people hiding in containers or aircraft wheel wells possibly sacrificing their lives to go to the middle east!
And we sure as hell don't fence you in.
Col Maddog, Out! :mad:
Living up here in Canada I see this Hatred for America all the time and it discusts me. And I can't understand why there is this attitude. It would be interesting to see what people in the world would do if the US did nothing in times of crisis. They would be screaming that the US wasn't helping them. They are a bunch of hypocrites. And the US is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Living up here in Canada I see this Hatred for America all the time and it discusts me. And I can't understand why there is this attitude. It would be interesting to see what people in the world would do if the US did nothing in times of crisis. They would be screaming that the US wasn't helping them. They are a bunch of hypocrites. And the US is damned if they do and damned if they don't.
Ya kinda like a couple years ago when there was that Tsunami out in the Indian ocean and it took the US Government like a day or two to respond. We got all this flack from the 'international community' that we weren't 'doing our part'. And then we ended up sending an Aircraft carrier and a small fleet of other Naval ships. SO WE GOT FLACK FOR THAT! "Oh look at the US. They don't need warships they need blankets and food' blah blah blah. Nevermind that an aircraft carrier can pump out an insane amount of freshwater each day, never mind that the hospital facilities on board the Lincoln and its support ship was more medical support that all other internal aid combined. And exactly where do you think we can find blankets and food in large amounts that is easy to move in a moments notice.... Oh, I guess sending an aircraft carrier wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I'm sure though if the US government just turned around and said "listen we get a lot of flack for helping out in the wrong way or 'interfering' in other peoples business so we are just going to stop. So the next time group A tries to wipe out group B for no reason, or you have some sort of epidemic, or the sky falls or whatever its on you." I'm sure we would be hailed as selfish stuck up and full of ourself. So we'd pretty much be in the same boat as we are now.... Guess its better to be hated for helping people then to be hated for not.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Let's not forget the insane amount of financial aid we send some of these countries.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yes but don't forget the bad side either. The US government tries to manipulate other countries. some people don't like that.

Iran is currently a problem, but it's one the US created. A democratically elected government was deposed with US aid to install the US backed Shah. He turned out to be such a basteard that the extremists under Ayatollah Khomeini staged a revolt. Now look at the mess that created.

Kicking the Palestinians out of Palestine and creating the state of Israel and then supporting Israel as they began an extermination project against the Palestinians.

It ain't all black and white. Now the US does a lot of good, but it also does a lot of stuff other countries don't like either.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes but don't forget the bad side either. The US government tries to manipulate other countries. some people don't like that.

Iran is currently a problem, but it's one the US created. A democratically elected government was deposed with US aid to install the US backed Shah. He turned out to be such a basteard that the extremists under Ayatollah Khomeini staged a revolt. Now look at the mess that created.

Kicking the Palestinians out of Palestine and creating the state of Israel and then supporting Israel as they began an extermination project against the Palestinians.

It ain't all black and white. Now the US does a lot of good, but it also does a lot of stuff other countries don't like either.
You are right.  It isn't black and white.  But show me one advanced, and most semi-advanced country that doesn't try and manipulate.  Combine that with who is who in the super power world.  Add to that SOME COUNTRIES don't like that, well define by what you mean by a country.  The whole population or the government rule?  Some population like American meddling while the government rule doesn't and vice a versa.

Iran.  Pahleze.  Yeah I know you have some time in Baharain, so have I too live accross what they have now a bridge.  Iran, well if it weren't for Americans meddling in that region back in the 30's I'd wonder who'd be meddling in that region today.  US made what is modern day Arabia, to include Iran until they decided to go tribal in 1979 then cry foul when they watched their neighbors drive Jaguars.  But I didn't see the US go charging in when the Shah was booted out t o include taking hostages.  Or When Saudi Arabia supported attacks on Israel.  However we seem to still manage to continue a relationship with most of the Arabian penninsula after all that.

American manipulation?  Let's call it what it really is, and it's nothing new.  It's been happening since the dawn of civilization.  And about the only time that American meddling was welcomed was in WW2, except for Germany, Italy, and Japan. So you see, we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Back to the original topic:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts