XCR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to grab an XCR-L and an XCR-M, I’ve settled with the standard for the L, but I am having issues with the M. I want whichever is most analogous to the L in terms of exposed barrel and handguard length, and according to my visual comparison, it looks like the mini would be the one closest, right?

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

· Registered
167 Posts
To my untrained caveman eye, yes that assessment would seem to be correct, I've got standard length in L & M, and the M standard is a bit longer of a handguard than the L standard length. Personally I think the mini length M is kinda odd looking the way the last keymod slot sets in relation to where the last ventilation hole is. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To my untrained caveman eye, yes that assessment would seem to be correct, I've got standard length in L & M, and the M standard is a bit longer of a handguard than the L standard length. Personally I think the mini length M is kinda odd looking the way the last keymod slot sets in relation to where the last ventilation hole is. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Yea, that’s what I gathered from the comparison, the M standard has a longer handguard than the L standard, and the M mini has a handguard extremely close in length to the L standard handguard.

Never noticed that thing about the relation in Keymod slots to ventilation slots on the M mini’s handguard, it is sort of odd. I suppose I would rather that than a longer handguard though.

You want the same ratio of handguard to barrel exposure? Or you want the same length handguards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like the same length handguards and barrel exposure, if identical lengths between the L and M isn’t an option then as close as possible between them.

It looks like the way to go if that’s what I want is to get an L standard and an M mini.

L standard is M mini
Gotcha, sort of interesting how the standards aren’t the same as one another...

· Registered
23,340 Posts
What's even weirder (IMO) is that the competition length M upper is shorter than the comp L upper....but that was likely dictated by how many full MLok slots can fit in the space before the muzzle device.

Too bad...I still want an extended Comp M upper that covers the whole 16" bbl.

Reactions: Flskunkape
1 - 7 of 7 Posts