XCR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read that there are different ways of measuring barrel length is rifles versus shotguns. Can anyone clarify how exactly each is measured? Bolt closed and from end of barrel to bolt face, round chambered and tip of the round to the end of barrel or from the end of the case/start of the chamber to the tip of the barrel (empty round chambered)?

I realize that a shotgun shell is different than a regular round, where the actual projectiles are in the case, so I am thinking it start in the shotgun from the end of the shell to the end of the barrel.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
A rifle is from the bolt face if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I agree with MadDog. At least I hope that's right or else my, I mean my buddy's, shotgun is about 3" short.

Oh crap, I think I hear sirens. Are those black Tahoes?? :duh: :ninja:

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
It's bolt face to the end of the muzzle,be sure not to include the flash hider length if it's not pinned or permanently attached.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks gentlemen. But at Ruby Ridge did not the BATF take a shell and put it in I believe *Weaver's* shotgun and say it was illegal?

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Close the bolt into the breech. Then drop a measuring rod down the barrel and read off against the furthest solid part. The crown if no muzzle device is present or the end of a brake/flashhider if permanently attached.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
From the bolt face when the bolt is forward and locked.
Correct,I should have included that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts