1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, all the good bullets are already gone. They have had blems on there since 1 Dec. just this week they still have good 9mm and 45 on there. I had 2000 rounds of 168 Ballistic tip .308 in my cart but waited too long. They were going for $16.50 per 100, which you cant beat.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yep, I got while the gettin' was good. Hornady 68gr w/ cannelure for $13 per 100. Just their match load with a crimp groove is all but a good, solid performer for a slug that'll shoot out of 1/9's and won't have any set-back problems like a smooth match bullet. I wonder who in the industry requests them with a cannelure? I've bought them from Pat's before but have never seen a loaded cartridge with them. Next time we head over to Grand Island have to remember to ask.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, I have been watching since 1 Dec, just waiting for the prices to go down. I didn't expect the ones I wanted to be gone overnight. The prices went down twice in the last month. No biggie, I have plenty of other things to spend money on, like powder and primers for the bullets I already have at home.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Pat's Reloading has their 75gr w/ cannelure so you can copy their TAP load if you wanted to. Their FPD (black cased load) uses Varget but their red box LE TAP uses a hotter powder, and they don't sell their T2 bullet for reloading either.

Oh yeah, never asked, but I assume all that 6.8 stuff made it to the bunker in order? There's enough in there to keep you busy for a little while. ;)

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, everything got there fine. My wife says I have a "whole bunch of heavy boxes" sitting in the garage. With P Mags, BDMs, 20K 5.56 bullets, the stuff I got from you and a few other things I am not thinking of, I am sure there is starting to be a pileup.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AZ,ain't the power of the internet grand? I bet you have a whole bunch of neat stuff to open when you get home.I know that's secondary to the wife and kids after being gone so long,but after you settle in,your probably like a kid at Christmas.... ;D ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Well, the last 2 times I have been over here I didn't buy a single thing (other than order a new truck). This time the internet has been more readily available, much to my wifes dis-pleasure. She hates getting an email saying "expect a package tomorrow".

I have tried to stay pretty small but every now and then a good deal came along. With Obama getting elected I had to speed a few things up.

Overall, it should be a good time when I get home. Everytime I sykpe with my kids they say they want to go shooting (5 and 3). They really just love to pick up the brass but my 5 yr old daughter is ready to learn.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts