XCR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please send me your sympathy as I’m enduring a mild form of torture today: my FFL received my new XCR-L pistol, but due to understaffing (vacations etc.), they are taking longer than usual to process the backlog of incoming firearms, so I will likely have to wait until tomorrow to pick it up. 🤦🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
496 Posts
Deepest condolences.

Payers heading your way (because we all know that helps in actual measurable ways)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
That's just sad. :( Hope you get it soon!

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And… finally. It’s in my hands. I have to say, photographs don’t do justice to the XCR, it’s such a nicely finished gun, and in the limited time I had today, I shot 20 rounds and was thrilled.

Lowest recoil imaginable (and I cannot wait to turn the gas down even lower soon), amazing ergonomics (which as a left-handed shooter I never expect), and a balanced feel overall. Basically I’m counting the hours until after work tomorrow when I can take it up into the mountains for a more extended shoot. Thanks to Grampz for making my XCR dreams a reality.

·
Registered
22,409 Posts
Kermit is good people!:)

Reactions: Northern

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey Northern, you should take pictures of your XCR set up when you can. I'm looking around for ideas oh how to set up mine when I go SBR later on.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Chowwow i was unfortunately unable to get to the range last night due to things going on here; maybe next week. For now, I’m leaving it minimalist, with stock iron sights and Fast 2 tail hook. In order to run my suppressor on it, I will soon switch the brake to the Dead Air Key Micro brake. I’m contemplating a green dot but haven’t decided which one. For now, am just enjoying the OEM setup. It’s a very sleek little gun, so I’d prefer not to spoil that with bells and whistles.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Didn’t get out to shoot until last night. In the meantime, found a couple different types of mags to test how they do. Shot sixty rounds of assorted 5.56 and decreased the gas setting, eventually shooting several mags on setting 1 without any issues. Recoil was as close to nothing.
This morning before work I removed the muzzle brake and replaced with a Dead Air Key Micro brake. Excited for post-work recreation!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts