XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Milled My S&W M&P 9mm Slide To Accept a Trijicon Optic

I had my slide milled by David Bowie at Bowie Tactical to accept a Trijicon Optic without using a mounting bracket. This set-up puts the dot of the sight much closed to the bore and makes fast accurate shots out to 30 yards a breeze. Since I have some sort of Red-Dot Optic on "all" of my rifles, SBR's and my SBS, I wanted to keep my sight picture the same with my carry and HD pistol.

MadDog :rockon:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re: Milled My S&W M&P 9mm Slide To Accept a Trijicon Optic

That's pretty sweet. I haven't seen that setup before.

Makes me look at my pair of M&P's and wonder which one might like getting a nice little mod. ;D

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Tarra: I mistakenly put this post in the wrong Forum. Can you move it to the General section instead of the RA section?

MadDog :duh:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

How about some pics of the sight picture through that setup?

Looks slick!

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

That looks great sitting down like that. I am waiting on my 45 midsize to come in. I just bought the 9c and I may give it to my wife and take her 9 and start playing with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts

I put a mini dot on my 34 with the mount on though. Slightly higher but these are great on pistols.

How much did it cost to get the work done?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Bowie Tactical charges $150 to mill the slide of M&P's and Glock's. Turn around time was a little over a week.

MadDog

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

Two thumbs up!

tk

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

Damn you MadDogDan. There appears to be a near 1:1 correspondence between you posting something to say 'Hey, look at this...' and me suddenly wanting to make a new firearm related purchase. :p
Yeah, I'm kind of considering having this done to my beloved Glock 22.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts

I didn't see a reference to it, although it may be buried in their website somewhere, but do you get a plate with that so that if you want to put an iron sight back on it you could?

That would be good if say a few years down the road trijicon no longer makes a sight that fits those dimensions, and yours breaks. Or maybe you just decide you like it lower profile. It would be good to be able to stick that iron sight back on without having to come up with a new slide.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 31 Posts