XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished milling off the side and bottom rails on my XCR. I'm just waiting for the specs on the M-LOK slots before I turn this thing into swiss cheese.
WP_20170119_16_00_20_Pro.jpg WP_20170119_16_00_32_Pro.jpg WP_20170119_16_37_03_Pro.jpg WP_20170119_17_18_10_Pro.jpg WP_20170119_17_30_05_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
M-lok needs a flat surface on the inside doesn't it?

I'm sure you'll be able to tighten the nuts down enough to get a grip "tight" but is it just going to be digging into the inside of the curved surface in the barrel channel?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I saw that thread too. Was hoping for some better drawings..... contacted Magpul haven't gotten a response.
You probably won't due to SHOT. And even afterwards, I'd be surprised if you do at all. It's open source to manufacturers so they can gain marketshare, sell more accessories and get free advertising. Naturally, individual smiths trying to make one-offs won't be their priority.

Probably better off breaking out a pair of precision calipers and start measuring.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You probably won't due to SHOT. And even afterwards, I'd be surprised if you do at all. It's open source to manufacturers so they can gain marketshare, sell more accessories and get free advertising. Naturally, individual smiths trying to make one-offs won't be their priority.

Probably better off breaking out a pair of precision calipers and start measuring.
I agree with you. I should have my M-LOK rails on Monday. I'll tinker with a piece of flat bar until I get the fit right. If everything works out I'll cut up my upper.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received my M-LOK QD attachment as well as a picatinny rail section and went ahead and machined one side of the receiver. Turned out great! everything fits very well. There is about .050" clearance between the inside of the receiver and the barrel. No problems installing or uninstalling. I have not machined the inside flat to accept the nuts but I do have a tool coming for next week for that. I would say that the flats don't even need to be machined but I am going to do that anyway once the cutter arrives. I just wanted to get slots in there so I could check clearance on the barrel.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Nice work! I had thought about doing this but don't have the tools nor skills. Tried to find a local machinist to do it but none showed interest.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Nicely done. Looks much better than KeyMod. Is that Five-Huns to the barrel or the barrel extension?

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Mech can you do this for us?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts