Last Batch:

·
Registered
327 Posts
For some Arkansas National Guard guys in the sandbox:
Applying the red Duracoat:

After applying the FDE Duracoat and removing the stencils:

Last Batch:
Ummm so do yo make your own stenciles, if so can you make any style of stenciles???

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I sometimes make my own stencils, but it's pretty tedious as I cut them out with an Xacto knife. The second batch of mags pictured above was done with hand cut stencils. I did about 40 Razorback mags this way before I found a guy who could have them made for me. The red Razorbacks were done with stencils cut on a plotter.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ok I gotcha, so getting you to do some for me would be asking to much LOL

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I gotcha, so getting you to do some for me would be asking to much LOL
It depends on what they are and how many you need. If it's just a few, and the image is simple, I'd be glad to do them. Can you post the image or send it to me?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here is what I wold like if you could, how man stencils did you have to make for the mags? Did you do it on both sides of the Mags? Are the stencils reusable?
Here is a pic I hope it works

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what I wold like if you could, how man stencils did you have to make for the mags? Did you do it on both sides of the Mags? Are the stencils reusable?
For the first 40 mags I sent to Iraq, I cut a stencil for each one. I only did it on one side. The stencils aren't reusable. Your image is too detailed for me to cut by hand. I'll pm you some contact information for guys who have stencil printer / cutters who may be able to do it for you.

·
Registered
327 Posts
For the first 40 mags I sent to Iraq, I cut a stencil for each one. I only did it on one side. The stencils aren't reusable. Your image is too detailed for me to cut by hand. I'll pm you some contact information for guys who have stencil printer / cutters who may be able to do it for you.
Yeah I figured, I would only need it for 11 mags, ill pm u my contact info.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Where do you get the duracoat paint at??

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lauer Custom Weaponry:
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

Yep, they're pretty much all Hog fans. My friend is their platoon leader. He said when he got the first shipment, his men went nuts. He started handing them out as rewards for a job well done. This last batch brings the total up to 50 meaning each man in his unit will have one. It's a good thing, because I can't afford any more! LOL

·
Registered
327 Posts
Lauer Custom Weaponry:

Yep, they're pretty much all Hog fans. My friend is their platoon leader. He said when he got the first shipment, his men went nuts. He started handing them out as rewards for a job well done. This last batch brings the total up to 50 meaning each man in his unit will have one. It's a good thing, because I can't afford any more! LOL
So his unit is making a big deal that they are painted and all and not uniform, LOL. Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lauer Custom Weaponry:

So his unit is making a big deal that they are painted and all and not uniform, LOL. Thanks for the link.
I don't understand your question. They made a big deal because they liked the looks of the mags and were proud to have them.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I glad they like they look really good

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Gr8santini,hey brother,how does Duracoat hold up on the AR mags where the magazine catch rubs them when you insert the magazine.Have you ever tried it on steel magazines and check how durable it is on them? I know some folks Parkerize what they are going to duracoat first to give it more traction,so it will be more durable and scratch resistant.Have you ever thought of getting your own parkerizing tank? I don't think the setup is all that expensive,and it is much easier to do than bluing.You do fine work,you really should get your FFL so you can do entire weapons,that would be sweet.You wouldn't have to stick with firearms either.I'm sure you could make some good money doing what you enjoy.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Looks good as always

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
you, sir, area an artist!

tk

1 - 20 of 26 Posts