XCR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because Robarm. has long wait times, what are good spare parts to have on hand?
Already have a spare barrel, upper, op-rod, and spring.
I assume a spare bolt and extractor are probably the most important to have spares on hand

·
Registered
769 Posts
Firing pin, buffer.
If your gas is set right the buffer will last a long time.
Possibly a gas adjustment valve some have launched them and never found it.
Kermit (Grampz) used to put together a small parts kit, well worth the money

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Firing pin, buffer.
If your gas is set right the buffer will last a long time.
Possibly a gas adjustment valve some have launched them and never found it.
Kermit (Grampz) used to put together a small parts kit, well worth the money
....you may say to yourself "Only an idiot would do that! I'll never do that....".....and for a while, you may not......

Reactions: scalton

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Type 1 gas plugs have been known to launch. Type 3 can't without a significant failure.

As mentioned, firing pin and buffer are a good choice. Extractors and springs, ejector and bolts/ washers, fcg springs. Don't remember any extractor or ejector issues but I've personally replaced a trigger spring. There have been some cracked carriers but both I know about were Type 1. Broken op rods but it's been awhile. Old bhos had some failures but I haven't heard about a Type 3 going yet.

I had some RA packaged spare parts kits pretty sure I'm out. I can go through my small parts boxes tomorrow and see what I've got on hand.

·
Registered
22,244 Posts
Type 1 gas plugs have been known to launch. Type 3 can't without a significant failure.

As mentioned, firing pin and buffer are a good choice. Extractors and springs, ejector and bolts/ washers, fcg springs. Don't remember any extractor or ejector issues but I've personally replaced a trigger spring. There have been some cracked carriers but both I know about were Type 1. Broken op rods but it's been awhile. Old bhos had some failures but I haven't heard about a Type 3 going yet.

I had some RA packaged spare parts kits pretty sure I'm out. I can go through my small parts boxes tomorrow and see what I've got on hand.
Yeah, I broke the proprietary FCG spring....think its the trigger spring IIRC. Gun still worked.....can't remember if it doubled or what though. Had a broken firing pin too....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have put in 4 parts orders over the past month to include a m-lok standard upper and surprisingly the longest I had to wait was for a bunch of springs which took 2 months. For a small shop their turn arounds are not to horrible recently ( as long as it wasn’t a complete firearm). Think I have my stash to where I can replace just about anything except a bolt. But like my ARs and FALs spare springs, FCG and firing pins/extractors. Have had the ejector go loose on my other upper before so don’t think that would hurt to have a spare of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts