XCR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've been wanting these for a while as well. I thought I remember them being close to 300 bucks normally? Sounds like a great price, I think I'm in. Which is preferred between a call or an email to sign up?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I see the "aux input" keeps being mentioned as a feature on these things, and that it works with a "radio", which I presume is a feature advertized in terms of its usefulness in a military type application... I just want to clear something up (I'm still buying them either way; just curious)... can I plug an Ipod/other music device into these things? *And* turn off the microphones/amplification at the same time? That would be nice. :) They could double as "Bose quiet comfort headphones" on long plane rides. :D

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
So could you shoot with the Bose? Do they have that much sound reduction?

I want the sound amplification of the MSA for shooting applications, on the range, at a match, etc. Being able to hear conversation and other non-gunshot sounds at normal volume would be very nice of course.

However, for "airplane" type applications, I'm wondering if you can input music, and turn off electronic surrounding noise pass through/amplification at the same time. So, all you would hear is then the music.

Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hmm... so I guess the real question is, are there seperate volume adjustments for outside noises and for the aux input, or is there just one "master volume". Tzoid, do you know? Thanks.. Looking forward to trying them out!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
So they came in today, and a couple of coworkers and I are trying them out here in the office (the pass through capabilities that is :eek:_)

These things are sweet! You adjust the volume to where you can just about totally forget that you are wearing any muffs at all.

Almost all outside sounds pass through perfectly. There are two exceptions I've noticed so far: 1) As the one wearing the muffs, when I speak, I hear my own voice louder than normal relative to other people's voices. 2) The humming from the flourecent lights is transmitted through louder than it is normally relative to other sounds. I figure this won't be any sort of factor outdoors.

I can't wait to try them out at the range! Shooting, and being able to hear things at the same time will be an entirely new experience.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Also, I played a song off my computer through the aux input. You can hear it clearly, however, there is only one volume adjustment. That is, the volume of the input relative to the ambient sounds is non-adjustable. So, they will not be useful in the airplane scenario we were discussing earlier since you can't turn down the ambient noise volume independently of the music.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.