XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to what muzzle device everyone here has on there xcr's, and why.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I was curious as to what muzzle device everyone here has on there xcr's, and why.
Ordered my 6.8 and 6.5 kit with RA permanently installed muzzle brakes. Mostly because I can't own a flash hider, suppressor or barrel threaded to accept either of those. In hind sight though it should keep the muzzle down and doesn't look all that bad.

Here is a nice link to a whole bunch of muzzle devices.
http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15shootersSite/muzzledevices.msnw

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I have tried the one made by BE Meyers that reduces night signature, the Yankee Hill and finally settled on the PWS for both 6.8 and 5.56. It works real well, looks cool and costs way to much.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys have your MD permanently attached?

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Nope, Mine comes off if needs be.

·
Registered
356 Posts
what state are you in?
I'm in NJ. Here are the guidelines for prohibited ARs.

A. semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of the following:

1. a folding or telescoping stock;
2. a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
3. a bayonet mount;
4. a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
5. a grenade launcher; :duh:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
PWS.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
This one:
Phantom 5.56 Flash Hider for our Sound Suppressor 1/2"-28 Right-Hand Thread (YHM-3102A)
http://www.yhm.net/store/Sound_Accessories.html

IME the Phantoms and the Vortexes do really well at night - better than the rest I've seen. That having been said, I don't think (really pretty certain) I've never fired in low light with anyone that had a PWS.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
PWS at night shows a little flash. My .308 has a non flash supressing brake and when I shoot that at night the locals shit themselves.

·
Registered
356 Posts
PWS at night shows a little flash. My .308 has a non flash supressing brake and when I shoot that at night the locals shit themselves.
Your neighbors would hate my .375 H&H with the muzzle brake. Easy on the shoulder....not on the ears.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have the AK74 muzzle brake from Bushmaster. Just because I thought it looked cool, and it is effective.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
I know where you are at. I've got a .338 Lapua Magnum with an OPS inc brake. When I'm at the range no one will within three stalls of me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts