XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I've been meaning to do this for some time now,and I just got around to it.I make no claims to fame for great photography,but you can get the general idea.Everything you see is not set in stone.In other words I've been meaning to change this or that on some of them,but time and financial restraints have not allowed them YET.
The first two are my (top) PTR-91K with a Simmons AETEC 4.5-14x40 and my Lancaster AK,built from a Romanian "G" parts kit on a Nodak receiver.This thing will change your mind about poor AK accuracy.I want to change the Tapco stock out for an ACE in the near future,although for a cheapy,it's tolerable

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: My little black rifle collection

The top one is my Armalite 180B.It's currently wearing a leapers compact 3x12x44.Not a terrible optic for the money.The stock is a CAA using an ACE M4 folding adapter and it has a Midwest forend 1913 rail.The rail makes it a little heavier but it's forward so it balances nice offhand.I want to get the barrel cut to 16 inches and re-threaded for a flash hider.
On the bottom is my old mini-14.Not the tackdriver all of the others are,but it works everytime you pull the trigger.It's wearing the same optic.I got the Advanced Technologies stock awhile back and it much improves the ergonomics.I need to blacken the barrel shroud,but haven't gotten around to it yet.It's more of a playtoy,and I just can't bring myself to part with it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I've got a mini-14 that I bought when I was a teen back in the 80's. I pimped it out by polishing the stainless steel. It's got some old folding stock on it. I too can't part with it. It's the first rifle I owned. I was thinking about sending it off and having it accurized. They'll shoot sub moa with work on them.

·
Registered
568 Posts

Nice. I especially like the one-eighty B.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Nice little collection. I too had an old mini-14 that I loved. I parted with it in a moment of poor decision-making.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks guys,It ain't the biggest or the baddest collection around,but they all work well.The PTR is astonishingly accurate for a rifle of it's type,switch out optics and it would be very handy for close work.The AK is a wicked little sleeper too,it will do it's part if you do yours.Damn fun gun to shoot,It's so much nicer than the century AK's that it's hard to believe the difference until you compare the two.The 180"bravo" is a gas piston gun with an AR style bolt head,stamped upper receiver.polymer lower.It's also very accurate,the only thing I don't like is there is no bolt release,it locks open though.The mini is like an old farm tractor,not very modern or "pretty",but you just know it's going to work.The XCR...what can I say...I'm no expert,but IMO it's the best thing out there in it's class right now and worth more than you pay for it.Damn fine rifle.

·
Registered
681 Posts

Thanks guys,It ain't the biggest or the baddest collection around,but they all work well.
That's the key right there... what you've got works well. I've had several more guns in the past than I do now but some stuff gave me more trouble that it was worth. Hell I still can't get everything to run right all at the same time.

·
Registered
332 Posts

Nice collection DTOM, thanks for the pics.

Just one suggestion, you should trick out that XCR with the new RA SCAR style stock I keep hearing about! :deadhorse:

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

How do you like that 180B? I've been toying around with picking one up as a sort of plinker rifle.

And, nice collection of course! ;D

·
Registered
923 Posts

Nice Collection

·
Registered
568 Posts

m118sb, I love my 180B. 6 pounds light, balanced just in front of the Mag Well, SPR length with carbine handling, 100% reliable with very good accuracy, very solid stock. It gets used.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

The 180B is a solid rifle.I think this would be the backup to the XCR,for several reasons,magazine interchangeability being one of them.Very reliable,very accurate,easy to clean.Takedown is similar to the XCR in that it uses a button to open the upper.It isn't exactly a button but it negates the rear pin.The rail does make it not as light as stock but it's a fair tradeoff.Parts kits are inexpensive as well.
The new stock for the XCR,pending what it look like,will be my next addition.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Attachments

·
Registered