XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Nice! I'm thinking of getting an FAL as well since it may be a long time before there is a XCR Heavy in .308.

· Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Hmmm, medium huh? lol. I cant wait to see -L 300 winmag maybe?
The L in XCR-L stands for Light, this is the one that currently exists.
The M in XCR-M stands for Medium, this is the one that might soon exist.
The H in XCR-H stands for Heavy, this is speculation.

Looks to me like the 300 Winchester Magnum is closer in size to the .308 than a .50_BMG (which is a guess for what the XCR-H will be), so I would guess that if there ever is going to be a conversion kit for 300 Winmag it'll be for the XCR-M?

· Premium Member
1,047 Posts
I think the XCR-L will most likely be for the larger rounds like 300 Win Mag as the case length is actually quite a bit longer than the .308 which is the XCR-M.

The XCR-L already exists, that's what we all have. XCR-L stands for XCR Light. See here: http://www.robarm.com/products.asp?cat=10

XCR-L (Light) and XCR-M (Medium) have been designated by Robinson Armament already and the next logical size up seems to be XCR-H (Heavy).

The .300 Winchester Magnum is half an inch longer overall than a .308 Winchester. I guess it'll depend on the design of the XCR-M on whether it can be sized up to work with a half inch longer round. Maybe the .300 Win Mag will have to wait for the XCR-H.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.