XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a while ago I did the mail order bride thing. I picked her up today and I am really happy. I think she is happy too. Her name is Misu and I will be taking her out this weekend

:inlove:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Congrats. I can't see the picture cause its blocked for me at work though.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I cant see the picture either it is just showing a red x

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She is a Daewoo K1A1. The ROK Spec Ops needed a replacement to the M-3 Grease Guns. This was in the 1970s, so Daewoo designed this little baby. The feed back from the troops and testing was it kicked harder then the M-16 and the wire stock had to go. Then in the early 1980s Daewoo came out with the K-2. The K-2 is a mix of AR, FN, and AK. It uses a gas operating system similar to the AK and FN. I owned 2 civilian versions of the K-2, DR-200 (5.56) -300 (7.62X39). Until the XCR came out the K2 was my rifle of choice. I think FN and Daewoo were a ahead of the curve when it came to gas operating systems. From this forum in previous post I understand that the AR-180 was also very similar. Stomer designed that rifle back in the 1970s if I remember correctly. I will follow up with a range report.

·
Registered
327 Posts
She sure is beautiful man. Nice looking gun.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
dam I was hoping to see a different type of Korean bride.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek: NICE! WHERE DID YOU FIND IT?
Netjunkie had offered it too me in January and it took me some time to get the $$$$ together. It didn't' help that my Wrangler broke down too.

Cartman; Yea I know, but a gun is just like a women, you have one around the house for while and you just want to shoot her.... ;D Yes I am still single and NO I don't have a gurlfriend. I have always wondered why too?? ::) Besides I remember a post where you said it took you some time to find the right one... I agree I jumped into a marriage and now I pay child support....

I plan to take Misu out and shoot her this weekend, at least just make sure she operates like she is supposed too. We we have the big shoot in March 1st, I will have her paired hopefully w/my XCR Verra. After all I am in Utah so polygamy is accepted.... ;D

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Dredd you suck!! Now I want one again!! Post more pics when you get a chance. ;D

·
Registered
568 Posts
She is a Daewoo K1A1. The ROK Spec Ops needed a replacement to the M-3 Grease Guns. This was in the 1970s, so Daewoo designed this little baby. The feed back from the troops and testing was it kicked harder then the M-16 and the wire stock had to go. Then in the early 1980s Daewoo came out with the K-2. The K-2 is a mix of AR, FN, and AK. It uses a gas operating system similar to the AK and FN. I owned 2 civilian versions of the K-2, DR-200 (5.56) -300 (7.62X39). Until the XCR came out the K2 was my rifle of choice. I think FN and Daewoo were a ahead of the curve when it came to gas operating systems. From this forum in previous post I understand that the AR-180 was also very similar. Stomer designed that rifle back in the 1970s if I remember correctly. I will follow up with a range report.
Early 60's and a :toast: to you

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:laughposter: yea I knew I would get somethng wrong and get corrected :duh:

I have been sitting at work all day and all i could think about was Misu and shooting her.... Is ther something wrong with me?????

Anyway thanx for the post and I will be keeping everybody informed on how she shoots and provide pix.

·
Registered
568 Posts

I have been sitting at work all day and all i could think about was Misu and shooting her.... Is ther something wrong with me?????

Anyway thanx for the post and I will be keeping everybody informed on how she shoots and provide pix.

:toast:
My reply was intended as a share the information thing.
I didn't mean any dis respect. I apologize if I offended you.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

:toast:
My reply was intended as a share the information thing.
I didn't mean any dis respect. I apologize if I offended you.
No offense was taken... I was laughing at my self for relying on my memory.... :duh:

I talked to Alex yesterday and he took a look at the K-1A1 and we compared to an AR-180.... Go figure!!! He says the 180 has a sharp kick to it, so I am going to tak my K1A1 out toady put a few rounds in her see how she kicks.
I will post more info later...

You all have a good weekend...

Dredd

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks nice, have you had her out on the range yet?
I was going to take her out yesterday but I wasn't feeling good... So it looks like I will wait until the 1 Mar Utah shoot... Besides Terra wants to shoot her and well, I want my XCR....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts