XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Midwest Industries MCTAR-TS (Front Sling Adapter Loop), $38.75
Blue Force Gear Universal Wire Loop (UWL-325) x2, $19.95 each
1.5" Heavyweight Polypropylene Webbing, Black, $.22 per foot (I bought enough for four slings)
1.5" Flat Metal Slides x2, $.55 each (I bought four so I can also do my shotgun)

Total cost w/shipping = about $100

The results:

Because the front and rear sling attachments are on top of the rifle, it hangs perfectly level:

Rear attachment:

Front attachment. No part of the sling or mount blocks the front sight picture. I really like the way this is mounted:

Front from the driver's side:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looks great ;D

I'm looking at mounting my sling forward of the Folding stock, that way the sling will stay the same even when the stock is folded.

The benefit I see is, when you want to carry the rifle in a vehicle and need the stock folded, since the sling is mounted forward of the stock you can easily exit the vehicle and unfold the rifle without the sling giving you any problems.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good point. It's easy enough for me to switch the rear from the rear of the stock to the front. I'll try it tonight and let you know. My only concern would be how well it transitions to being slung across my back, we'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good call! I changed the rear attachment to the front of the butt stock and it works like a charm. In fact, the rifle has better balance when hanging in front and doesn't feel like it's trying to point at my toes.

I had to lengthen the front loop just a tad to make up for the longer reach over my right shoulder down to the receiver, but I had left enough length in the webbing to accommodate any future changes to the design.

Now, with the stock unfolded, the rifle can be shouldered or fired "from the hip" with the stock under the armpit. Of course, a laser would be required for any kind of accuracy, but that's also on the list of things to get. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts