XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"MY" New Toy...in .50 BMG

It's a Bushmaster BA50, 10 round repeater in .50bmg!

After 4 weeks to the day.... :drool: :drool:

The machining on this thing is absolutely SUPERB, and everything about the gun is meticulous, including the waterproof/tight storm case that it arrived in. Incredible, that's all I can say!

Okay enough, INSIDE....just like an AR :cool:

Now for some pictures...

pictured with GLOCK 26

...puuuuuuuuurty

MASSIVE, same G26

PRS stock

·
Registered
923 Posts
Re: "MY" New Toy...in .50 BMG

If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back ?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I got an incredible deal from my dealer, but they are selling anywhere from $4000 to $5000 (msrp is just over $5000 for the 30" rifle as this is). The case is included in that price, the optics/rings and ammo are not. :'(

·
Registered
114 Posts

I'd be very interested on how it shoots, accuracy etc etc. Good luck on your new rifle. Ive been eyeballing one for some time.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts

Wow, I had no idea Bushmaster was making a .50bmg. I'd be interested in hearing a range report as well. Unfortunately that is a bit out of my price range right now. :(

·
Registered
3,296 Posts

Where do you shoot that? I live in FLorida, and even down here there's no place to shoot a .50.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

Holly Shit Henry, Now THAT is a rifle :p :'( 8) ;D You are going to have to drain your 401K to buy ammo. :duh: We all want a range report of course. NICE RIFLE.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Wow, I had no idea Bushmaster was making a .50bmg. I'd be interested in hearing a range report as well. Unfortunately that is a bit out of my price range right now. :(
Cobb is the one who designed the rifle and sold it for a couple of years, bushmaster/cerebrus bought the design and now manufacturers it!

Where do you shoot that? I live in FLorida, and even down here there's no place to shoot a .50.
My friends mountain house, although I think that even on 75 acres, there is only 1 good spot that is good to about 600 yards. That should still be enough fun to shoot shit!

And I haven't forgotten about my XCR!

Here is a size comparison, with an AR15 (stag 16") and Robinson Armament XCR (16")

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

WTF!? That thing is friggin' awesome!

·
Registered
573 Posts

Yeah you can stop 'em a mile away with that thing. :eek:

G

·

IIRC when Cobb was making them they were running around $3700-$3900. does that sound about right? ;)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

IIRC when Cobb was making them they were running around 00-00. does that sound about right? ;)
Yes, I believe that is close, as I see them STILL selling for that range though. But add in the Magpul PRS stock alone over the A2 stock and that is $200+, then factor in the Storm waterproof case that bushmaster includes and cobb didn't, and that's another $300. That alone makes up the difference! But you also get the added top rail on the front guard (not that I will ever use it). Factor in appreciation and it's actually cheaper under the Bushmaster name. ;D For the $4000 that I paid, I'm pretty damn happy with it! I would have certainly changed out the stock anyway. I actually could have gotten a 22" Cobb for $3400 brand new from the same distributor that my bushy came from, when I bought this one, but A) I wanted the 30" barrel, B) it came with a cheap case (it's a lot of weight to be shifting around in a cheap case, as I've already broken about 5 of them anyway), and C) it wasn't the newest, even though it was NIB ;D

·
Registered
874 Posts

Now we need to see Robarm Answer back with the XCR-H in 50 BMG and 20mm. :eek:

·
Registered
119 Posts

Yep, Hamster Huey would go Gooey Kablooee if he was on the receiving end of that thing.

A friend of mine introduced me to this bit of NFA Destructive Device crack that is on sale in Texas.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=112593411

20mm worth of destructive goodness, yum yum! If only they made an ankle holster for it. ;D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts