XCR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new XCR puts the "Yeeha!" in what would otherwise be an ordinary day

Howdy Y'all,
I picked up my XCR from the shop yesterday, and took to the range today. I put 330 rounds through her and had two failures to feed. Both of which were in the first 5 rounds, both of which were in the factory supplied magazine. Every round from the subsequent 10 C products stainless mags fed, fired, and extracted flawlessly. I have HK 416 sights attached, no optics, and shot at 25, 50, and 100 yards.

This is an AWESOME weapon! Since I was just breaking it in, I wasn't overly concerned with accuracy as the rear HK sight hadn't been zeroed in (or the mounting screws loctited), but the FIRST 3 ROUNDS touched each other at 50 yards! They printed waaay low (about 8"), but right in there above the belly button on the silouette (next two jammed). That was with the sight set at 1 which is the biggest aperture "battle" setting (I guess). On setting 2 with the sight picture tightened up a little and the elevation raised, the next 325 rounds hit in center mass at whatever range. I went through 150 rounds on gas setting 4, another 90 on 3, and the rest on 2.

I realize I am preaching to the choir, but I am some kind of impressed with this rifle. Low recoil, safety useable and close to thumb, bolt release in a logical easy to reach location, mag release in the right spot, easy to aquire sight picture with the 416's about the right height above the rail, factory folding stock just the right length for my 5'7" self. I came home from the range clean, smelling like spent cartridges, and without bruises, scabs, or bald spots from pulling my hair out. A WONDERFUL MORNING INDEED.

Now to strip her down and send some pieces off to the Gr8santini for duracote and clean the rest. My wife will smell the Hoppe's from the driveway I'll bet.
cheers,
Charley

·
Registered
573 Posts
Re: My new XCR puts the "Yeeha!" in what would otherwise be an ordinary day

Thanks for the report Charlie. Glad it went so well.

Welcome to the fold.

Get ready for many great days with the XCR. 8)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Re: My new XCR puts the "Yeeha!" in what would otherwise be an ordinary day

Suggestion. Get your trigger done by Bill S. (read posts), use Milirech1, and enjoy. :2cents:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts