XCR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided on the XD as my carry weapon and I am glad I did. It handles much better for me than my full size 92F believe it or not. I got good groupings at 25 yards and even got a few head shots in. I was still a little wide left or right when I tried to double-tap so I guess I am just going to have to practice more. Anyway, thanks to all of you that had suggestions and helped me decide on a new pistol.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Good snag MC!

You'll enjoy the XD.

I have 3 of them; XD-45, XD(M), and XD-40 SC.

My XD-40 SC has over 3300 rounds through with no probs.

The XD's are my favorite pistols among a large and varied collection. 8)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 40. Love everything about it. Simple, sexy, and fun to shoot.
Maybe you should pretty it up to match your pink XCR. Have the matching XD on your hip and your Pink XCR, you would be one bad little mama :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats, nice gun! I just narrowed my choice down to the M&P45 and XD45 - I purchased the XD. I handled 2 M&P's at two different stores both had issues - one had an absolutely awful trigger, the other one had an acceptable trigger but the rear sight was hanging out the right side of the dovetail base - that was just a bad M&P vibe for me...maybe one day down the road I'll look at them again. If the XD45 works out, I'll be looking closely at the XD9 sub compact- I've shot one and I liked it very much.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with you on the M&P. It was one of my finalists but I just didn't like the trigger. It seemed very rough for an otherwise nice gun. My friend brought his XD 45 to the range and let me try it. I was really impressed. I fit my hand very well and the action and trigger were smooth as silk. If I decide to trade my 92F and get a 45, the XD will be it.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOOD SHOOTING MrChem.
Thanks. It is just amazing to me the difference the feel of a pistol can make on your accuracy. I have never shot that accurate with my 92F.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Terra,

My wife tells me black goes with everything so I will defer to the fashion experts :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts