XCR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to wait till after all of the Hurricane bills were settled before I could bring home my GSG-5. At least I won't have to spend a fortune on ammo with this baby.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I cant decide if I want one of these or a Spikes .22 upper

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had it on layaway since July. I was paying a little every month but then Ike hit and I had other priorities. Anyway, I am going to the range this week and I will let you know how she shoots.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No this one will be much much less. Even though the .223 doesn't have much punch.... a .22 is negligable. You can fire off 30 rounds in a row with pretty much no muzzle rize. The good thing is you can get a 550 round box for around $10 most places.

·
Registered
384 Posts
No this one will be much much less. Even though the .223 doesn't have much punch.... a .22 is negligable. You can fire off 30 rounds in a row with pretty much no muzzle rize. The good thing is you can get a 550 round box for around most places.

that sounds fun!!!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Its always nice to have a .22 around to shoot. Its cheap, pretty fun just to go through the rounds! Its a great caliber to train some new shooters and such on as well. You can always squirrel or varmit hunt with it too.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice, I'm jealous. I ordered one from an online dealer when they first hit the U.S., then the dealer said they wouldn't be gettin them after months of waiting. :mad:
Still want one, they look cool

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
One of our local shops has these and I've been sorely tempted.

But then, there's always these.....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
From Spike's Tactical;

"A3 flat top with 6" 1x16 twist barrel, ST-15 mil spec lower, YHM mini rail free float handguard, Spike's fake SD can, Spike's .22lr bolt, 6 position M4 stock with mil spec tube and Black Dog full size mag. Shown with the optional side folding stock upgrade for another $180! (optic not included) We help walk you through the Class III process. Please call before ordering."

About $1,030, plus the $400 for the tag. So yeah, it's cool, but....

Mr Chem's GSG-5 is much more affordable (still, it ain't cheap for a .22). And they make a pistol version, tool. Just wish you could get a shoulder stock for the pistol version without all the SBR hoopla.

Seems to me that Heller puts the whole SBR classification into jeopardy. Somebody should sue...

tk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts