XCR Forum banner

My Newest toy

4K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  tacweapon 
#1 ·
I had to wait till after all of the Hurricane bills were settled before I could bring home my GSG-5. At least I won't have to spend a fortune on ammo with this baby.

See less See more
#6 ·
I had it on layaway since July. I was paying a little every month but then Ike hit and I had other priorities. Anyway, I am going to the range this week and I will let you know how she shoots.

#15 ·
One of our local shops has these and I've been sorely tempted.

But then, there's always these.....

Attachments

#17 ·
From Spike's Tactical;

"A3 flat top with 6" 1x16 twist barrel, ST-15 mil spec lower, YHM mini rail free float handguard, Spike's fake SD can, Spike's .22lr bolt, 6 position M4 stock with mil spec tube and Black Dog full size mag. Shown with the optional side folding stock upgrade for another $180! (optic not included) We help walk you through the Class III process. Please call before ordering."

About $1,030, plus the $400 for the tag. So yeah, it's cool, but....

Mr Chem's GSG-5 is much more affordable (still, it ain't cheap for a .22). And they make a pistol version, tool. Just wish you could get a shoulder stock for the pistol version without all the SBR hoopla.

Seems to me that Heller puts the whole SBR classification into jeopardy. Somebody should sue...

tk

#21 ·
Way cool, muste be a blast. But don't they tag you for $400 on the silencer and $400 on the short barrel?

tk

#22 ·
BATF transfers are $200 apiece. And yeah, I think you're right that they would hit you up for 2. 1 for the "silenced upper" and 1 for the registered lower as an SBR (plus you'd have to get your lower receiver engraved).

MrChem: where did you get the retractable stock? That's the only way to go...Looks great!

#23 ·
Believe it or not, I got it at Cobra airsoft. You can also get them on gunbroker and ebay but for a little more. Fits perfectly and is rock solid. My only complaint is that when it is extended, it feels a little short for my taste but it is still well within my comfort zone. The buttstock that came with it is fine but it seems a little light and make the gun slightly nose-heavy. The collapsible stock has a little more weight to it and balances it nicely. I am taking her to the range on Friday and will shoot with both stocks and let you know how they effect accuracy.

#25 ·
MrChem

I look forward to the range report, I have been looking at getting one of these for a while now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.