XCR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Utah Bride "Vera"

Since living in Utah I have become accoustomed to some of the unique customes. As you all know a few weeks ago I got my Korean Bride.... Now I have my Utah Bride... I finally picked her up on Monday and I took her and my Korean Bride out to the range..... Both performed just about flawless I used American Eagle XM193 55 grain FMJs. I shot over 200 rnds. I had one double feed. A round was in the bore and the bolt locked back. The next round slammed into the round in the bore. When I saw that the bolt was not fully forward I pulled the charging handle back and ejected the damaged round. Other then that the XCR was smooth as silk. :rapidfire:

I also fired the K1. There were a couple of FTFs but that was about it. The pistol grip did loosen up and I was trying to tighten it, but my Gerber Multi-too was too big. :duh: (Must keep regular tools)

Of course my Glock was flawless, 5 years and over a 1000 rds not cleaned, no jams!!!!! Take that you Sig, XD, and H&K kool-aid drinkers... :flame:

Mishap w/Misu... Pulled to hard when I man handled her and she came apart on me.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Re: My Utah Bride "Vera"

The FDE is amazing. Well Done. You have to bring her out for our next shoot. The next big question is are you an aimpoint guy or an eotech guy

·
Registered
4,533 Posts

I'm not gonna even make a comment on the whole "sister-wives" thing ;)

Utah bride...... that means the bride wasn't pregnant, but the mother of the bride was, eh?

OK, OK. Yeah, the FDE came out really nice!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts

I'm not gonna even make a comment on the whole "sister-wives" thing ;)

Utah bride...... that means the bride wasn't pregnant, but the mother of the bride was, eh?

OK, OK. Yeah, the FDE came out really nice!

waiiiiit. I made that rifle... what are you implying!? ;D

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Terra,

You are a master craftsperson. My rifle was pure pleasure to shoot. Thank you...

·
Registered
201 Posts

Dredd, who did you have refinish your rifle? Or did you do it yourself? Looks good.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

The FDE is amazing. Well Done. You have to bring her out for our next shoot. The next big question is are you an aimpoint guy or an eotech guy
I really can't afford either right now. I did like your Eotech with the H&K BUIS. I will get the BUIS first, then a Eotech. I am an open sights markman, electronics always fail when you need them the most... I had a friend take some time to paint the rifle for me. Besides I just have to different. ;D

I am going to Moab this weekend with my GF. So I plan take my glock and "Vera" with me. Yes I have a real live breathing female human for a GF. :inlove:

·
Registered
144 Posts

Nice Dredd,

I too would like to know what finish and who. Looks awesome. I'm thinking about the FDE as well.

Regards

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

electronics always fail when you need them the most
that is the same reason that the older instructor pilots wont let us fly (helicopters) just off the GPS. They always wanted us to have a map that we were reading. You know how many times I had an electrical failure??? Zero.

I guess I am just saying don't let that be the reason not to get optics. As I have said before, out to 200 or so you really don't need the red dot to hit a man-size target. Just make sure you see them through the viewfinder and you are good to go.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

electronics always fail when you need them the most
that is the same reason that the older instructor pilots wont let us fly (helicopters) just off the GPS. They always wanted us to have a map that we were reading. You know how many times I had an electrical failure??? Zero.

I guess I am just saying don't let that be the reason not to get optics. As I have said before, out to 200 or so you really don't need the red dot to hit a man-size target. Just make sure you see them through the viewfinder and you are good to go.
I hear what you are saying... I work in and around electronics all day so i am familiar w/failure rates. I just feel more comfortable with BUIS. The Eotech is what I am looking at getting, I have a couple other things that I am getting first. I just word today that i will be getting the AR45 lower this week. Now I will be getting OlyArms to get the upper to me.. ;D

I love shooting my XCR... Its so smooth, on target, just fun to shoot.

Anyway I hope everyone enjoyed the pix... I know I was enjoying the shooting..... ;D

·
Registered
6,835 Posts

Can't wait to hear how the AR45 is. I am almost done with my AR9mm, it is great to shoot.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I only have one wife.....but I have many mistresses! >:D

Hey bro, nice rigs! Hopefully well run into each other sometime and we can head out to the desert to send some rounds down range. I know a few cool places.

Where abouts in Utah are you living? I'm in West Jordan.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Hey bro, nice rigs! Hopefully well run into each other sometime and we can head out to the desert to send some rounds down range. I know a few cool places.

I'm up in Roy, I'm stationed at HAFB. Those pix were taken out past the Grantsville exit off of I-80. Now that its getting warmer, I want find a place a little closer to home.

·
Registered
531 Posts

thats the sweetest paint job i've ever seen. The master applyer should be praised above all who are praised.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I'm up in Roy, I'm stationed at HAFB. Those pix were taken out past the Grantsville exit off of I-80. Now that its getting warmer, I want find a place a little closer to home.
When I lived in Ogden I used to go shooting up Weber Canyon a lot, but they closed off my shooting spot.

·
Registered
531 Posts

When I lived in Ogden I used to go shooting up Weber Canyon a lot, but they closed off my shooting spot.

YEAH...HORSE SHOE BEND! i USE to love that place. I lived in So Weber so it was where we'd always go. Someone took a car there and left it and the shot up garbage accumulated. I think thats why they gated it up.....where do you live?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts