XCR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Agreed on the one point sling.

For static position shooting, they're fine (like from a tower, etc) - elsewise I go with the 2-point Vickers sling.

I run mine from the rear of the CTR stock to the 9 o'clock position at the front of the fore-end.

I've done a couple of week-long courses with my XCRs, and some shorter one and two day runs also. For my money, I'll take an XCR over any AR build any time. Period.

Typically people don't know what the XCR is either - but it's surprising how many people want to know what it is AFTER the course (GRIN)

· Registered
4,535 Posts
In the last class, the Colt Commandos were malfing.
The S&W M&P15 was malfing.
The two Sabre Defense ARs were malfing.
You name it, if it was an AR, it was malfing. The conditions were that demanding.

There were two that ran without a problem - my buddies M14 that'd been 'carbine-ized' with an 18" barrel and all kinds of doo-dads, and my XCR.

I wouldn't swap my XCRs for ARs for any reasonable amount of cash. Sure - if someone offered me 3K for ONE XCR, then I'd swap - with the intention of selling and then buying TWO more XCRs! HA!

· Registered
4,535 Posts
HA!
Now THAT is comedy! :D

The thing was, since the carbine portion of the course only required 1200 rounds, I didn't bother cleaning my XCR.

Well, not really a cleaning anyway. After doing a bunch of 'on the ground' maneuvers (ejection port downwards, 3" off the deck) I did wipe off the carrier and wipe out the upper. Didn't bother to re-oil though LOL!

After all, it was just 1200 rounds in extreme conditions......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.