XCR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been toying and experimenting with different ideas and concepts for the XCR for the past few weeks. I've finally settled on a design I would like to build for 2009 before adding a suppressor around June.

I pretty much have my concept built. The only things left really are buying true HK416 sights and Aimpoint Micro T-1 with Larue LT660HK. KAC panels are the only iffy piece

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, it's worth noting HK 416 sights and HK MP7A1 sights are solid options for the XCR, as both are very short and accommodate the XCR's rail height very well.

MP7 Sights if you like your sights flipped down

416 Sights if you like static BUIS

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
OK, I'll bite.

HK416 sights were made out of unobtainium for a long time - now at least they're available, with enough searching.

Where would one find some MP7 sights?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, another cool thing about MP7 sights, is even when they are folded, they are still usable BUIS

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Shoot, with those there is never a reason to pop em up (unless you have optics mounted and need a co-witness). i actually like those, that says a lot for someone who hates most HK stuff on principle.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Yeah, I could probably live with something like that. The 'pistol' sights might still be a touch low, even on the XCR though.

·
Registered
981 Posts
VB,

How much experience have you had with the Hk 416 Diopter sights? How well would they co-witness with an EOTech 512? Lower 1/3 co-witness maybe?

Thanks
Jon

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VB,

How much experience have you had with the Hk 416 Diopeter sights? How well would they co-witness with an EOTech 512? Lower 1/3 co-witness maybe?

Thanks
Jon
The Eotech 512 is lower 1/3 co-witness with true HK416 sights, yes.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
kickass! on the Mp7 sights and the XCR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts