XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to fondle my XCR today, didn't get to take her home with me. :'( The guy that checks in the weapons was not in today, of course it was his day off, so I will be able to get her and take her home tomorrow after I get out of school. Can you imagine what I am going through right now, knowing my baby is in and I can't have her. Plus sitting all morning in class know that when I got out i can go and get her. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!! :party: :clap: :toast: :crossedfingers: :rockon:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got my gun!!! Yay, me it is awesome it is the coolest thing in the world, well not the coolest, Ok maybe the coolest. I will get pics as soon as I get batteries for my camera.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see it.

Even more, I can't wait to get one of my own!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went and put about 250 rounds through my baby today... Fired perfect and didn't have any problems, well till the end when we were packing up, I was racking the bolt and went to pull the trigger, and nothing happened... Had to rack it again and again then it finally dry fired. Did it 2 time on me then it stopped... Any ideas what it may have been???? I took pics of my gun, but no pics of me shooting it. Will get some next time. Was to busy shooting and forgot about the camera till the end.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
If you look under the problems thread there are some posts about the trigger failing to reset. If it was shooting fine initially and then developed this problem I'd blow out the lower with gun scrubber or something then re-lube and try it again first. If you get a couple hundred rounds back through it and it still does it, there are some folks that used a stone or file to fix their rifle.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info plan on cleaning it when I get out of school.

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
If you can't find it and need help,PM me and Ill be glad to explain it.It's very simple.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats on getting your new rifle!

On that note, I have excellent news. You all won't have to endure my whining any longer. My rifle is shipping tomorrow. Yaay!

Also, kudos to the gals at RA. They have been super helpful over the last week or so. Appreciate the help. :)

Good shooting.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Croaker- Congrats! It's like Christmas, but better!! Checkout my latest post about Bill Springfield. I highly suggest sending him your lower so he can make some modifications. You will not regret it.

So what "accessories" are you going to do?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I am looking at getting a Millett scope or something like the Millett. On the scope, I heard that Bushnell bought out millett so we may be seeing the same scope with a new name. I am going to be getting new sights for it the ones that are on it are cheap, but work just like the real ones do. Going to change the stock out and give her a paint job as well. then I will just pick up stuff here and there when I get the funds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your XCR. I just took mine out last weekend and had a great time. Not one malfunction and performed flawlessly, even when I turned the gas down. As far as sights go, I just put on a Bushnell Holosight. I picked up for $250 and it is made by the same people that make Eotech. Only difference is no Shroud ring. Once it was sighted in, I loved this sight. Here is a pic of my XCR.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts