XCR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love this gun, I love this gun I love this gun except for that fact that it throws the spent brass at least 10 feet even on the #2 gas setting. When I was braking it in and had it on the 4th setting, it would throw the brass up to 20 feet and hitting the guys that were 6 tables down from me.

anyone else have issue like this? it's to the point that I have to watch who is around me when I shoot...did i mention I love this gun?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
My brass gets ejected out at the 2 o'clock position from me, so folks around me are safe from the brass unless they run in front of me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
some do and some don't, most goes straight out to the right and I have found some actually to the right behind me.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Dude. Pelting fellow shooters with brass is a sport. ;D

I keed!

But seriously... I have mine all the way down to 1 now. She shoots them about 6 feet out... which is a little bit of an improvement, I suppose... lol. Every time we go shooting, I have to be wary of where I stand while filming/taking pics, otherwise I'll get brass flung at me. >:D

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Turn the gas down and get a good brasscatcher.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Alexander arms scout rail and associated catcher. You can use it with the bag open or closed.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Turn the gas down and get a good brasscatcher.
Have you found a good brass catcher?

I am to the point of making my own because all the ones I have used absolutely suck.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just take some PVC pipe and some heavy duty plastic webbing, it's seriously easy to build a free-standing brass catcher that you can disassemble to throw into your trunk.

You can build a small and large one, use the large when when standing and the small one when sitting at the bench.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I am think about making an XCR specific brass catcher that stays on the weapon but isn't some hard plastic box or some POS bag that velcro's on.

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Brownells Rail mount bag is not bad but Alexander Arms version that hooks into their scout rail is the business. Very similar to the DSA SA58 brass catcher.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts