XCR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just another attempt by the liberal nuts at NBC to subvert our patriotic history.Please take the poll,although I doubt the results will be published.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10103521/

·
Registered
635 Posts
I voted "NO". At this time it was 16% Yes, and 84% No.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
No. Religion causes too many wars. Politics should be secular.

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
Yeah, when I voted earlier NO was leading by a landslide

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
No. Religion causes too many wars. Politics should be secular.
Actually the poll is "Should In God we Trust be Removed from Coinage". Overwhelmingly the answer is NO.

Stupid people not content with their own lives and letting others live theirs the way they want are the ones that start wars. Unfortunately, religion is the driving force behind lots of this. It is easy to blame hatred for another on different beliefs.

I just hate everyone equally ;D

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Exactly, but it's a start.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I believe in the separation of church and state just like I believe in the second amendment and the entire constitution. We should be protected against the tyranny of religion as much as government. I think that "In God we trust" is more a statement of the people of the United States than the government.

Doesn't matter though, our currency isn't printed by the federal government anyway.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I believe in the separation of church and state just like I believe in the second amendment and the entire constitution. We should be protected against the tyranny of religion as much as government. I think that "In God we trust" is more a statement of the people of the United States than the government.

Doesn't matter though, our currency isn't printed by the federal government anyway.
Just out of curiosity, but where exactly does seperation of church and state appear in the constitution? Does anyone know?

Its not just incase you are wondering...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Maybe it should be.

·
Banned
8,010 Posts
Might as well say "In Ninja's we trust"

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Maybe it should be.
Maybe, but it wasn't. I love the history channel though. I'm a history buff and I didn't even know a great deal about that. The whole basis of the seperation of church and state was brought about by Thomas Jefferson in a letter that he wrote to the Danbury baptists when he was President. The gist of the story is they were worried they would get forced out by a sort of state sanctioned religion ala England back in the day, and he assured them that "there was a great wall" of seperation between the two.

A lot of people think its in the Constitution, including some history professors. Next time you hear it ask them about it. :)

http://www.usconstitution.net/jeffwall.html

Just for the purpose of full disclosure and such, i'm ALL for having "IN GOD WE TRUST" on our money. But I wanted to bring some food for thought to the table.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts