XCR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Personally, I prefer the CCO. Lower than then LT150.

Sorry you had to find out USO isn't all it's made out to be the hard way.

If it makes you feel any better, the late owner of USO threatened to sue me for talking about how his "customer service" really was.

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Jack, the CCO is this one from LaRue - the M68-CCO:
http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=41

I quizzed Mark LaRue about getting a scope mount that would be at the same height as my Aimpoint. Nope. The easy answer was "use two of the Aimpoint rings". Duh. I was concerned about taking the scope off and on and it holding zero. Mark said "we made our name on return to zero" - the fact I'm using two rings instead of one?

No problems.

As for the center lug, one of my mentors has a bag full (literally, one of those big old-style paper grocery sacks) of broken ARMS rings. His sniper course is difficult to get through with a boltgun, semi-autos don't make it through. When someone shows up with ARMS rings, he pre-emptively tells them to chuck 'em and get some from LaRue.

According to him, no breakages over the years.

My only gripe about LaRue stuff is that the PVS14 mount has the pad in front of the PVS14 objective just a little too high. Wanted to interfere with the occular of the scope - until it got machined down (with the machinist actually)......

· Registered
4,535 Posts
Actually, I run the lower M68-CCO mounts -AND- a cheek riser on the CTR stock.

I bought the package of 3 different height risers, and figured out I like the 1/4" the best.

Of course, this is personal preference, and highly dependent on the individual.

· Registered
4,535 Posts
MB, I would, really. BUT - I sold the 1/2 and 3/4 to another fellow on here.

Sorry about that.

I was joking with Mark LaRue once that his best friend in the industry was Dick Swan. The best thing Dick ever did for his business was stop talking to the customers. The best thing Dick ever did for Mark's business was keep his designs. Mark said that he started to give Dick a fruit basket with a card that said "thank you for just being you" (GRIN) but was a bit too nice to do so.

Mark WANTS that bag of broken ARMS rings. But the ARMS rings are government property, so there's a problem in getting them to him. Mark's idea was "guess how many broken ARMS rings are in this bag, and win a set of rings that won't break" >:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.